Yay. That’s a good start!
Any way you can get some sugar into him? Nutridrench, sugar water, honey - all good in shock situations along with electrolytes.
If I remember correctly, he should have a bunch of gatorade at home...that will have sugar in it unless he got the 'zero' kind!

If I remember correctly, he should have a bunch of gatorade at home...that will have sugar in it unless he got the 'zero' kind!
Yes. My vet recommended Gatorade as a good readily available alternative for support to chickens in shock or having issues and needing supportive care.
Yes it needs to be the full leaded version none of this Lo-cal nonsense.
And honestly I was horrified by how much mine loved the red Gatorade. It really was like candy for them!

Last edited:
We shall see. It’s still four hours until breakfast time
I have found my boys like their eggs fully cooked, no runny yolks, and I tend to give them the yolk with just a bit of the white mixed in. If you have chick starter or crumbles (or a blender and pellets) the really seems to help, I soak them and mix them into the scrambled eggs. And sardines or other canned fish as well. Smells disgusting, (especially mixing sardines into hot eggs!) I serve it slightly warm, and it really helps perk them back up.

Last edited:
He needs food and rest. I’m keeping him inside for now. I’m in no hurry to expose him to the cold and hen drama yet
I 100% agree with this! Inside, no bad weather, and once he’s back to looking a bit better a girl for company. I’m glad there was no eye damage, that’s huge. Does he seem to have any concussion like symptoms? Can you check to make sure he’s got vision in both his eyes still? Sammy is partially sighted from getting into a row with Dean in early 2022, and Hawk is completely blind in one eye (that looks perfectly normal except for complete lack of pupil response and tracking. He’s not letting that stop him from defending his ladies from the evil food bringers every morning though, and he’s adjusted so well you would hardly notice it.

My little guinea is doing okay. I am just worried about Jaffar. I can't believe that happened. I'm gonna find out where your neighbors live and ring out that roosters neck. Or stick his head into a cone and chop off his head. I've done the second one before. It was a meat bird. Just stuck it upside down into a cine and took a sharp knife to its neck. Not to Pastel, I promise!! He keeps up the attitude though, chicken and dump- I didn't say anything 🙄
View attachment 3441783
Sounds like my current feelings toward Sausage. I might be making good on his name.

Back
Top Bottom