Just heard from my friend that the eggs already in the incubator look good for hatching, her daughter candled them last night.

I asked her if her daughter was starting any other eggs incubating anytime soon. I am sooooo tempted to go get my niece's incubator... set it up out here in the barn where prying eyes can't see, and then say "oh look! Someone hide these away and hatched them!"

Well I will wait and see what happens with this project in BC.... don't want to hatch eggs and have no place to put chicks; I have a few days to let it sit and see.
Hmmm, with all this thinking and wondering about more chicks....you had better get going and put just as much energy into creating a safe brooding space for the babies to be....;);)

Cat Swimming GIF
Well, talk about a warm, fuzzy blanket!:lau:lau

Worried about Marty

I am worried about Marty, she is not acting normal, she hasn't laid an egg in a couple days. She has been hunched up and I was worried she was cold (she has a lot of missing feathers from breeding), so I put an apron on her. But she is still hunched up.

I brought her into the office and she ate a bunch of meal worms and some scratch grain, but she is still doing this hunched up bit.

I will see if I can feel an egg inside her cloaca but never having checked a hen for this I am not sure about doing it correctly.

How is she today?

Mine started out rough. Threw the mower belt. Tried to use it again but it's twisted. That required a trip to tractor supply. So 2 hours after I intended to start I actually got started. 😣
I’m out for the day now. I tried pushing that mower through a salad bar (with dressing) even after several hours of rest , I’m still out of breath!

Back
Top Bottom