How old are they now? Mine are seven weeks and I had been concerned about letting them out before this point but I have let them out a couple of times supervised.. but they eat the big food and they aren’t supposed to have it until seven weeks.. I was wondering if that is why Claudine had a bad morning..? Thought that maybe she ate too much big food and it didn’t agree with her... I was also thinking that she may be a bit younger than the other two cuz she’s a bit smaller than them... it’s hard to keep them from eating the big food when they are out... your food may be different so I’d check the label....
Mine hatched June 2-3, so they are just over 4 weeks. They have been in the brooder-Mansion which is basically a walled off area inside the Palace since day 5, so everyone is used to hearing each other but they haven’t really mingled yet. Chicks are still getting chick food and I will switch over to flock raiser food for everyone when I next restock.
I don’t think adult food is a problem for them in small doses or for the odd meal. It just has too much calcium for their little kidneys so not the best choice for all meals.
I know they are more cute when they are tiny, but I am loving this adolescent phase when they are learning so fast and their personalities show through.

When I grow up I want to be like Phyllis. Maybe if I try really hard I will grow a top-not and be beautiful and elegant like her.
9AA344CF-FCE0-4E67-ACD1-966744D9BC9D.jpeg

I need some advice.... I am thinking if rehoming my Silkie and my three Cochin bantams... to the young lady I was telling yall about.. the one with all the sweet roosters... she has a frizzle bantam who is alone at the moment and thought that my bantams might be happier with him.. being able to breed and hatch eggs as the three Cochins are broody AGAIN!! My question is.. should or could I move them now while they are broody? I was thinking that the move might snap them out if it which would be fine for now... but was also wondering if it’d be too stressful..? Thoughts?
I am torn about this.. cuz when they are laying they lay every day!! And I do love them but they also get picked on a bit... and I know Nilky.. no matter what the big girls do to her.. she seems very content with her flock...
Sounds like you have decided on a good home for them. I would suggest to get it done now so its off your to do list. If I recall correctly you have a tremendous amount to accomplish in a day... such as that lovely dessert!:drool
Happy 4th to you as well.:hugs

Sounds like you have decided on a good home for them. I would suggest to get it done now so its off your to do list. If I recall correctly you have a tremendous amount to accomplish in a day... such as that lovely dessert!:drool
Happy 4th to you as well.:hugs
Thank you very much :hugs

Back
Top Bottom