What a wonderful photo 💕

And…. This would be about the time she decides to go broody 😂 Great photo!

I am so sorry you lost that gorgeous boy :( It is never easy :(
The first picture, wow that rooster is stunning, such unusual coloring.

Awwwlll, those feathers are coming in fast and furious!! Beautiful little lady.

Purdy girls, demanding more meal worms?
It’s a preening party 🎉

It rained all day yesterday so we all just stayed put. Today was beautiful though and we are back at it with integrating shenanigans.

Today I brought Brownie and the chicks over to the coop again, yes she yelled at me over the indignity of being carried the WHOLE way there and back again.

She seemed to enjoy it once there though:
View attachment 3514191
The dustbath also help soothe the ruffled feathers 🪶
View attachment 3514197
The flock seems to have held space for her and didn’t act like Brownie was a new chicken. Brownie did just enough to tell the other girls to stay back from the chicks and nothing crazy happened. They just coexisted peacefully. I am proud of all of them.
View attachment 3514204
Some Big girl pics for fun:
View attachment 3514212View attachment 3514213
And a Caturday pic:
View attachment 3514214
Wow are they ever growing up 😊 time flies doesn’t it? It looks like they are feathering out well also ❤️

Long weekend…

I hate this long weekend, just an excuse for the idiots to have hrs of noisy rotten fireworks. At least the horses and chooks seem ok.

Reenie’s making a mess with her hay but she isn’t panicking. Sure hope my neighbours horses are ok.

80CBCC04-AA38-4B90-992B-C87CDD38268D.png

Long weekend…

I hate this long weekend, just an excuse for the idiots to have hrs of noisy rotten fireworks. At least the horses and chooks seem ok.

Reenie’s making a mess with her hay but she isn’t panicking. Sure hope my neighbours horses are ok.

View attachment 3514300
Why the fireworks? Is it a holiday?

It is getting a bit crowded up there. When someone moves everyone else has to move too!

View attachment 3514187
I call it the sleepy shuffle. My tweens are still in the bin as I haven’t got around to moving them into the hen house. I did remove the brooder plate and gave them a chunk of 4x4 to roost on, which they spend time on, and also time sleeping on the ground.

The fireworks has everyone awake and restless, but they seem ok.
F6EFDFF6-1D82-49E7-B122-2B1F055221B4.png

Rico is doing yoga to relax.

Why the fireworks? Is it a holiday?
Yes Victoria Day Long Weekend, also known as May 2 4 long weekend - the official start to summer (not!),

In this Twsp fireworks are only allowed at 2 times - the day before and day of Victoria Day and Canada Day.

Fireworks are illegal any other time, there has been so many issues in the past with livestock and fireworks, and we have a large Veterans population here (ptsd), and during Covid everyone went bat crap crazy having fireworks almost every weekend that the Twsp banned them.

It’s not fun chasing a herd of cattle stampeding at midnight down the road, or horses.

But I keep my gang locked in the barn and the windows and doors closed to help keep them quiet and stress free. In the past I have had horses break out of their stalls, trample their foals, freak out in the paddocks (one of the reasons I do t leave my horses turned out at night). My neighbour doesn’t have a barn so her horses panic lots - I am surprised she hasn’t had any serious injuries with her horses.

The chooks seem ok but they are awake.
62A807E4-CE79-421E-A50D-CA9C91EFB034.png

I’m trying not to take it personally, but mama and the chicks strolled across the yard. I guess they just want to explore everything. (The cat area, isn’t the best place to bring youngsters) :he I’m leaving them alone to do what they wish.
They are getting to trust you 💕

Momma will keep the cats in line!

Yes Victoria Day Long Weekend, also known as May 2 4 long weekend - the official start to summer (not!),

In this Twsp fireworks are only allowed at 2 times - the day before and day of Victoria Day and Canada Day.

Fireworks are illegal any other time, there has been so many issues in the past with livestock and fireworks, and we have a large Veterans population here (ptsd), and during Covid everyone went bat crap crazy having fireworks almost every weekend that the Twsp banned them.

It’s not fun chasing a herd of cattle stampeding at midnight down the road, or horses.

But I keep my gang locked in the barn and the windows and doors closed to help keep them quiet and stress free. In the past I have had horses break out of their stalls, trample their foals, freak out in the paddocks (one of the reasons I do t leave my horses turned out at night). My neighbour doesn’t have a barn so her horses panic lots - I am surprised she hasn’t had any serious injuries with her horses.

The chooks seem ok but they are awake.
View attachment 3514325
I honestly don’t know where people get the money for fireworks they are so extremely expensive, and they just go on and on and on for hrs.

Whining tax
Henny tells me just relax Hooman!
F35BF65F-4BD0-41FA-84B1-8CEB9621952E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom