Jaffar took a nosedive straight into sunbathing. I told him “not in front of the ladies, what would they think?” IMG_3175.jpeg

So....I did a thing....

the day of the EPIC fight, eggs were headed to the incubatorat the in-laws.
20230529_062634.jpg
Built a new brooder, for in the coop. Brown patch is a "mama hen" heating pad. Above view

20230529_062639.jpg
Side view, so can see the flock. Have babies doors too. We'll see how well they work.

Fast forward to Sunday (just past), hatching had started. Went over today

20230531_143152.jpg
20230531_144026.jpg
Came home with 6. So far looks like the heat pad is working well. There was a large black baby there with FUR around the legs. Only feather foots are Primula and Belladonna, one of them is mama and papa must be Hector. Behavior wise, i saw same as from Hector, so im almost possitive its a roo. As the MIL loves fluffy birds, he stayed there so she can get feather footed babies off him next year. More pics later

So....I did a thing....

the day of the EPIC fight, eggs were headed to the incubatorat the in-laws. View attachment 3524617Built a new brooder, for in the coop. Brown patch is a "mama hen" heating pad. Above view

View attachment 3524619Side view, so can see the flock. Have babies doors too. We'll see how well they work.

Fast forward to Sunday (just past), hatching had started. Went over today

View attachment 3524620View attachment 3524621Came home with 6. So far looks like the heat pad is working well. There was a large black baby there with FUR around the legs. Only feather foots are Primula and Belladonna, one of them is mama and papa must be Hector. Behavior wise, i saw same as from Hector, so im almost possitive its a roo. As the MIL loves fluffy birds, he stayed there so she can get feather footed babies off him next year. More pics later
Ooooh! More cute babies!
Clever set up - I like the wire side so you can see them at their level - very clever.
Can't wait to see more pictures!

He probably doesn't want the chicks. He should just give you his chickens, because, from the sound of it, he has no capability for taking care of them properly.
I think he has too many animals over there. None of them are treated with any care. Especially not the whining dogs (all day long)

Back
Top Bottom