Lock, the hen who thinks she may be a rooster, who had the rough growths on her legs where spurs might be has now lost all but one small piece of the growth. One leg is clear and the last bit hanging on the other leg can't last long. I could have knocked it off tonight when I did her legs but better imo that it comes off when it's ready. Her legs are looking so much better. She has a set of four raised scales still at the front of one leg which I don't expect to change until they get replaced by new scales.
I'll get some pictures in the morning. It's difficult to take pictures at night while she's standing on the coop roof.
This all sounds exceptional. I'm so glad for her and you. She is a special lady. 🥰

Just went out to inspect the damage. It definitely looks like a war zone. I was rather cautious about the electric wire so I didn't inspect everywhere but I managed to drag the biggest branches away from the Chicken Palace. The Princesses are hanging out as usual and as @BY Bob says it is gloriously fresh and cool now.
Shame I don't have any power - it might have to be an early night.

I understand that the Sheriff Dept. can't (And wont) put out an APB to look for a rooster, but BEN is more than a roo to me! I have been searching all afternoon.
I was hoping to check in and see that he had turned up. I hope he finds his way home soon. :hugs

The same storm just passed me - just finished. But we got it way worse. I am now cut off with a big tree across my drive with a wire down and the town says that all the roads round me are blocked off. I have a generator for a few essentials (including BYC!). The coop cam shows that the chickens are all safe but looks like a big flood in the run. As soon as the electric company confirm they are on the way to deal with the wire I will go out to the coop and check in on them.
You were on the other side of the eye and storm than we were. I think the eye went just west of you in between the both of us. The east side of the storm is always worse. Please stay safe.

Just went out to inspect the damage. It definitely looks like a war zone. I was rather cautious about the electric wire so I didn't inspect everywhere but I managed to drag the biggest branches away from the Chicken Palace. The Princesses are hanging out as usual and as @BY Bob says it is gloriously fresh and cool now.
Shame I don't have any power - it might have to be an early night.
Reading by candlelight can be fun. 🕯 📖

New Member of the Wild Animals Club at Fluffy Butt Acres

We came home from wedding dress shopping this weekend to find the giant hole coming out from under my shed and up into my garden.
20200804_192512.jpg

I was instantly concerned about what large animal had moved in. Skunks immediately came to mind. So I set up a camera. I had nothing at night but mid morning yesterday the camera went off. I found this new friend.

I understand that the Sheriff Dept. can't (And wont) put out an APB to look for a rooster, but BEN is more than a roo to me! I have been searching all afternoon.
You would think
You were on the other side of the eye and storm than we were. I think the eye went just west of you in between the both of us. The east side of the storm is always worse. Please stay safe.
I didn't know that - about the East side being worse. It was certainly very scary with big branches flying around and hitting the house. The wind was strong enough to shift a big roll of hardware cloth that is left over from Chicken Palace construction. Apparently the gusts were up to 75mph!
But in good news, the Chicken Palace survived unscathed. It has now survived a bear and a hurricane (well OK tropical storm). Not bad!
And the flood in the Palace grounds is not really too bad - it is just like everywhere we got a lot of water - looks from my rain gauge that we got 4".

Isn't the weather spectacular now? I have the house all opened up. Every window and door. Blowing the stink out as my mom would say. 😆

I am very glad you made it through safely. The flock is in its glory tonight. No panting, wet ground to dig in, it is just amazing. 🥰

Hahaha! Yep I have every thing open too. I even threw all the animals outside to blow the stink off!

Back
Top Bottom