For Pony Sunday (and other critters), I took this pic at work yesterdayView attachment 3601015She's 1 week old. The 1st time mother had twins and rejected this one. Owner is raising, had to get stuff, so brought along in a baby wrap/sling. This will be a VERY people friendly standard sized goat when she's grown. (Didn't ask the breed). Her ears are as soft as Sherlock's.

And last walk before leaving for work yesterday...View attachment 3601025View attachment 3601026View attachment 3601027Curious pup, curious buck
Wonderful!

How come the buck doesn’t flee? I had a whole herd with two bucks yesterday but this is the best I could do before they ran off.
8C81E815-8342-405F-A35C-60950A33802C.jpeg
11CE264C-9D1C-49F6-A0FA-F9855EB051F8.jpeg

Cute! Cool stories
Good morning/afternoon harmonyhorsey. Do you have horses there in South Africa?

Today is Pony Sunday on Fluffy Butt Acres - we post photos of our horses, ponies, goats, cows, llamas, etc. I have been known to post photos of Lynx, Bears, and other wildlife I see, others also post a variety of animals on this day.

There is a theme each day for photos to post 😁

Welcome and hope you can join in on our conversations.

E008EE7E-4C01-4330-9D0D-ACE235D31EF7.jpeg

My Thoroughbred mare Reenie she is 22 yrs old

Good morning/afternoon harmonyhorsey. Do you have horses there in South Africa?

Today is Pony Sunday on Fluffy Butt Acres - we post photos of our horses, ponies, goats, cows, llamas, etc. I have been known to post photos of Lynx, Bears, and other wildlife I see, others also post a variety of animals on this day.

There is a theme each day for photos to post 😁

Welcome and hope you can join in on our conversations.

View attachment 3601045

My Thoroughbred mare Reenie she is 22 yrs old
Thank you. I used to have a horse but he unfortunately was put down. Your mare is stunning! 💕

Welcome to the best (and most out of control) thread on BYC!
We love pictures of chickens and stories about chickens (particularly if accompanied by pictures of chickens).
Will you introduce us to your flock?
I bet they have horses ❤️❤️❤️🥰

Need more horse photos 😊 - or hoary coows 😁

Sounds like she is improving but still has stuff to break up and get through her system.
Are you massaging her crop?
Not yet, there's been barely anything in there, and it's felt very fluid-y. I wondered about it last night when she had the golf ball. Going out there now to see how she and it is. Did not tube-feed her yesterday, and also no coconut oil which has been in the tube mix. I put a bit in the freezer to try to continue that by pill (not looking forward to that).

@notabitail flexible pvc ducting exists, not too expensive. I would also consider that maybe it wasn’t the heat, or heat alone, but those dryer sheets people use. The chemicals in there for anti-wrinkling might be toxic for a chicken, even the scents might be toxic to them. Bird lungs are very sensitive, much more than peoples’ are. So something that passes government regulations for human use might injure a bird.
No that type of venting is very dangerous there have been numerous fires here in my area from lint building up in the ‘flex’ sections and the heat catching them on fire. - the plastic burns very fast and hot. There is a movement afoot to get them banded from sales here.

The metal type is safe, but even it can build up lint in the bends and low sections; thus a lint trap should be used which can be used to easily remove lint through a trap door.

Dryers are very dangerous the air exhaust gets very hot and people don’t realize how easily lint catches fire.

Safety Talk Tax

Pretty Boy Floyd - my little pumpkin
image.jpg

@notabitail flexible pvc ducting exists, not too expensive. I would also consider that maybe it wasn’t the heat, or heat alone, but those dryer sheets people use. The chemicals in there for anti-wrinkling might be toxic for a chicken, even the scents might be toxic to them. Bird lungs are very sensitive, much more than peoples’ are. So something that passes government regulations for human use might injure a bird.
Yes agree those exhaust fumes from those sheets are horrible, I can smell it all the way at my house from my neighbour when he does laundry - disgusting strong odour.

I agree it can for sure overwhelm a chickens respiratory system and cause death.

And it makes your clothes smelly - behave left meetings because of too much smelly clothes on coworkers.

Eli-too
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom