Wonderful 🥰 well they look chipper enough - have you had them out running (poopin) around?? 😊
Only briefly on the house floor. Gotta set up a make-shift wall system with an old blanket or sheet down, or have it over the bare floors. I haven't put them outside yet because they are vaccinated for Mareks. I have slowly lowered the ambient temperature, and now they are close to an open window at the room temp of 65F, enjoying the sun.
IMG_0136.jpeg

IMG_0135.jpeg

For those with roosters:

I was reading on a different thread that we shouldn't let roosters mate in front of us because it means we are lower in the pecking order than the rooster. Is this true?

I spend a lot of time with my chickens, mostly just watching them and relaxing, but lots of the time my eyes are closed and I enjoy just hearing them plucking grass and scratching around, making their little noises. It seems like it might ruin the peace of it if I have to keep watch to make sure Cesario isn't mating in front of me!

By the way, he doesn't seem ready for this yet. It's a hypothetical question.

Cesario :
View attachment 3600793
I do not have answer to the question you pose but he is gorgeous 💗

Not yet, there's been barely anything in there, and it's felt very fluid-y. I wondered about it last night when she had the golf ball. Going out there now to see how she and it is. Did not tube-feed her yesterday, and also no coconut oil which has been in the tube mix. I put a bit in the freezer to try to continue that by pill (not looking forward to that).
On the coconut oil you can mix it in with mash and maybe she will even like it. Many of mine have regarded fozen coconut oil ‘pills’ as a treat.
It was the golf ball that made me think of massage. Breaking up that golf ball is what I would try and do.

Only briefly on the house floor. Gotta set up a make-shift wall system with an old blanket or sheet down, or have it over the bare floors. I haven't put them outside yet because they are vaccinated for Mareks. I have slowly lowered the ambient temperature, and now they are close to an open window at the room temp of 65F, enjoying the sun.
View attachment 3601056
View attachment 3601057
🥰🥰🥰

I found out that dryer sheets are made from polyester (one of my allergens). Now we line dry or use vinegar in place of fabric softener in the washer, and either wool balls (without scent) or nothing in the dryer (natural sunshine smells best, but dryer generates softer clothes)

View attachment 3600804Cardhu agrees on the sunshine
I use vinegar, once I switched to that I will never go back. Clothes are just as soft and towel’s actually absorb water like they are supposed to. Also, its super inexpensive, you would think it would make your clothing smell of vinegar but it doesn’t not at all.

Just pour some plain ol’ white vinegar in the liquid softener spot in your dryer spot. No need for anything else.

On the coconut oil you can mix it in with mash and maybe she will even like it. Many of mine have regard led fozen coconut oil ‘pills’ as a treat.
It was the golf ball that made me think of massage. Breaking up that golf ball is what I would try and do.
No golf ball this morning, I couldn't even find her crop frankly, so it cleared!

Don’t give too much fruit and veggies it gives them the runs and a mucky butt. If you have any meat or fish left overs you can give that as treats and supplements

They sure look like they are enjoying themselves, we have the weekend warriors here also target shooting and dirt bikes - all very noisy.
I've read we can give them probiotic in-between. So they had banana in low fat yogurt, 6 and a half hours after.
I only have tin sardines there is no meat here today. Would boiled free range egg be a problem?

Tina looks in a bit of pain, so I had corn on the cob and I rolled that in a little coconut oil and turmeric. I hope I'm not messing up.

I also read for her weight I've given her to much amoxicillin. She should only have just over a hundred mg I've given her 250 :th so not going to give her anymore until in the morning because she's already had well over 2 days in 24 hours.

The best in can do is 125mg, which is over but not as severe on her. That twice a day for five days should be sufficient 🤞 because I'd rather go a day over to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom