It is true I want them off the window. I thought they might be smart enough to go to the big roost after the Princesses had chosen their positions!
It is all safe now so I will get some pictures. I believe it really is glass not 'glass' - I think that is how glass is made by applying great heat to silicon dioxide (silica) which is a main component of sand, and although my soil is mostly clay I am sure it has silica in it.
Anyway, pictures of glass to follow later in the day.
Aren't you lucky that with COVID you can't go anywhere anyway. :gig

Sydney did a good job

You all saw the video where Sydney taught the chicks, as soon as they could fly, to go up, to roost and use height to their protection. She taught them so well they are using it all the time. Including someplace I really don't want them, the table!

View attachment 2283446View attachment 2283448View attachment 2283449View attachment 2283450View attachment 2283451View attachment 2283452View attachment 2283453
They do look very comfy up there and it looks like the kind of table you could hose down to maintain basic hygiene. I am feeling it is a nice place for them to hang out. :lau

They do look very comfy up there and it looks like the kind of table you could hose down to maintain basic hygiene. I am feeling it is a nice place for them to hang out. :lau
Get it all soapy and then wash it off with the hose for sure. They are also using all of my chairs as well. I'm getting a little tired of all the poo on my seat cushions. :sick :he

Sydney did a good job

You all saw the video where Sydney taught the chicks, as soon as they could fly, to go up, to roost and use height to their protection. She taught them so well they are using it all the time. Including someplace I really don't want them, the table!

View attachment 2283446View attachment 2283448View attachment 2283449View attachment 2283450View attachment 2283451View attachment 2283452View attachment 2283453
These are fsntastic pictures. Being home more is very good for your photography.

This is being debated. I was lucky to be home the whole time. COVID helped by stopping my travel so I was able to make certain she got food and dustbathing every day. It would be easier if it was someone higher in the pecking order next time.

You all know that I'm a big softie where my ladies are concerned. I had a hard time telling Maleficent no and that was October. On the flip side, I am crushing on these two. So far Ned is so lovable that I'm really glad I can't keep a rooster.

On the whole, I'm guessing I might try it again. I am assuming I can find Ned a good home. If I have trouble doing that then I doubt I would want to try to rehome another rooster.

I have enjoyed every minute of it, stress and all.

@BY Bob I have been thinking of still bringing Ned home here. I'd like to see if Stanley would accept him as a junior rooster. If he does not then we can look for a different home, but I'd really like to try and keep him here, if you're still ok with that.

@BY Bob I have been thinking of still bringing Ned home here. I'd like to see if Stanley would accept him as a junior rooster. If he does not then we can look for a different home, but I'd really like to try and keep him here, if you're still ok with that.
I would absolutely love that! He is a real darling right now. We should consider the best age to move him. @Shadrach any advice on that?

What did I just step in!?

This is my favorite picture from yesterday's photo shoot. Hattie is looking like "What is on my foot"?

20200808_182442.jpg

Back
Top Bottom