Lovely boxes! Awesome that they are using them. Can you send them over to tell my girls that nesting boxes are nice and not evil things to be avoided at all costs šŸ˜‚
1000005438.jpg

"Erm, Hooman, stop the photography.
Anyways, this is a message from the Desert Valley Hens! Nest boxes are NOT something to be afraid of! They are very comfortable and easy to work with. When your Hooman servant puts soft bedding in there, it's extra comfy! A perfect place to lay eggs!"

Don't worry about this part....

View attachment 3726496
"Erm, Hooman, stop the photography.
Anyways, this is a message from the Desert Valley Hens! Nest boxes are NOT something to be afraid of! They are very comfortable and easy to work with. When your Hooman servant puts soft bedding in there, it's extra comfy! A perfect place to lay eggs!"

Don't worry about this part....
I will tell them when I go out on my daily egg hunt this afternoon! I hope it works finger crossed šŸ¤ž.

It's done, but needs a little tweaking. Maybe another row or two now that it's sewn together. The eggs shown are large store bought ones, and it was a little tight for them.
View attachment 3726432
Without the center egg they fit fairly securely, but the center egg pushes them up a little so they don't feel super secure. Yeah, a row or two along the edges should fix that.
View attachment 3726433
BUT this is what rough drafts are for! I can try making another here in a bit, maybe use a different thickness yarn, different stitch count, stuff like that.
View attachment 3726434
I do think it will be fine for my use though!
That is adorable!

Morinth is the black one with lacing, Samara is the white girl! Funny enough, Shep the marans is softer to touch (and loves to cuddle)
View attachment 3726350
Kiddo is obsessed with Morinth though so I'm putting in extra work to help her get used to petting.
Well, they are all stunning. Hi Shep, arenā€™t you a pretty girl?

Back
Top Bottom