20220305_164540.jpg

Tax, my original bunch of babies, and Max and Fancy, from warmer dryer days.
20231104_174722.jpg

I love greys, but mine is giving me a lot of trouble lately. We had a nice warm day recently and he got all spring feverish, and of course, has rolled in mud as much as is horsely possible. I tried to clean him up while it was raining the past few days. Big mistake. Smears down his withers, rump, and sides. I will be waiting for a good 3-4 sunny day stretch before attempting again. My efforts will be futile otherwise.:barnie Meanwhile, the chestnuts of the bunch are all  not purposely coating themselves. Especially Fancy, whose dignity wouldn't allow it.
Oh, I feel the pain of having a grey. This is my old boy Lenny. He would always roll right after I’d bathe him too. As far as I know, he’s doing fine in his new home. I’ve not thought about him in a while. It just makes it easier for me.
IMG_1419.jpeg

Oh, I feel the pain of having a grey. This is my old boy Lenny. He would always roll right after I’d bathe him too. As far as I know, he’s doing fine in his new home. I’ve not thought about him in a while. It just makes it easier for me. View attachment 3766516
And, to make matters worse, he had a big shaggy coat this winter. Clumps of wet hair covered in mud, all over me.

Oh my goodness! So I tried to change my username, because when I created my account, I capitalized the “the” in “Pastel the Rooster.” So it was like this,” Pastel The Rooster,” instead of this,” Pastel the Rooster.” My cause for changing it got accepted, so now I can finally be PtR, like how most people say, rather than what my username was “PTR.” I don’t know why it is making me so happy, but it is. Probably because that error of mine bothers me everyday.

Also, yes, I am pulling an all-nighter. I need to do two projects. One of which is due tomorrow and up until 1:16 (like, 30 something minutes ago) I had nothing done on it. And I have another that is a week overdue.

I have finished one if three parts of the one that is due tomorrow- wait, I guess today… and I have yet to start the one that is overdue. It’s my own darn fault for procrastinating. And I still need to do some math notes. I forgot to grab the note organizer however, so I might just have to hand write them because I promised my teacher that I will do them at home.

Tax: I’m so sorry bolt, but I might have a new favorite chook. My first purebred BR hen, and she is the sweetest thing ever. I love Ruby.
IMG_2572.jpeg

View attachment 3766541
Speaking of feather patterns, I want to give this a shot! Here we have, uh, blue with gold lacing and red (rust? purple?) leakage?
Hi pretty girl. Is that Albert? Is she the hen that’s not feeling well?

Also, I am just going to ignore the color thing because I have no idea how to do all of that stuff… someone who does will pop on here soon enough!

I love Empress Josephine's reaction to the wind ruffling her feathers!

"How dare it disturb my perfectly preened feathers! Huh, now I have to fix them YET AGAIN, darn that breeze."
Yes! You can feel her irritation at the intrusion. She really is a very striking looking bird.
It never fails to amaze me how beautiful and how varied chickens are.
🥰

She is beautiful 😍, if I had all hens I would not hesitate to feed layer feed and have oyster shell out as well. I have been reluctant to use layer feed because of the mixed opinions on how/if that added calcium affects roosters health long term. My dotty girls however seem clueless when it comes to the oyster shell because they were clearly not eating enough of it. So this was my compromise idea.
Well the reason I went off layer feed is that it is low ish protein 16%.
The All Flock feed I give them is 20% protein.
But, in the summer they supplement their protein with bugs and worms more easily, so that is why I was thinking to do similar.
Do you feed them back their eggshells? Mine are not that interested in oyster shell but they love crushed up eggshells.

Back
Top Bottom