I guess we’re not needing last resort measures yet.
She’s not eating any actual chicken food, but will take nearly any kitchen scraps I send her way. If I’m going to be doing this long term, I was hoping to have an easier way to ensure she was getting a balanced diet. For example: protein. We (more often than not) eat vegetarian at home so the only protein she’s getting right now is scrambled egg.
There’s a chance she’s eating when I’m not there, but the result of whatever she is consuming is the same: empty crop and lethargy. 😕
I wouldn’t tube feed. But think of ways to tempt her to eat different things and get some protein. Do you eat dairy? Mine love cheese and yoghurt if you prefer not to give them fish or meat.

She’s not eating any actual chicken food, but will take nearly any kitchen scraps I send her way. If I’m going to be doing this long term, I was hoping to have an easier way to ensure she was getting a balanced diet. For example: protein. We (more often than not) eat vegetarian at home so the only protein she’s getting right now is scrambled egg.
There’s a chance she’s eating when I’m not there, but the result of whatever she is consuming is the same: empty crop and lethargy. 😕
Try cat food, she will get plenty of protien from that.

No egg, no mass either. Worms are a good outcome. They can be treated. I say it was worth the money.
I still feel the mass and it worries me, but the Dr was not worried about that.

So now I do the wormer in the water bit for everyone and antibiotics for Petunia. I am getting 19 eggs a day x 6 days of egg waste is a lot of eggs, the Ravens and Crows will be well fed. Then repeat that in 3 weeks.

So that’s what 19 dozen eggs? At $5 / dozen, over half days work lost, and the cost of the vet visit. So would say that’s is around $700 plus total for all that 😳😳😳

Good thing I find them entertaining and of great value.

I have never pulled an all-nighter before. It wasn’t that bad. I may have pilfered some caffeine packets to put in my water, but besides that I think that I did fine. And now it will soon be time for me to “wake up.” So I’d best turn my light off.
I have done many. It is not good for your long term health, so don’t make a habit of it. You will likely start to feel it mid/late morning.

Try cat food, she will get plenty of protien from that.
As long as there's no nasties in it.

I believe I've found a really decent cat food. No additives at all. Not even a mix of meats.

I can't always cook so this was a massive help. The supermarkets don't sell quality cat food. I tried this last night and this morning and along with the cats treatment he's improved immensely.

You were so on the ball about the high protein Kelly. Thanks ever so much 😘

I have finger fed my girls. I've mashed up there feed and put tiny bits at a time into their beaks. Sort of like the mother bird feeds thier chick's. Then luckily for me I found they started eating again.

I failed this with Amber but with the others, it worked fine. I hope you find a good way

Back
Top Bottom