Holy smokes!!
Do you get ice storms regularly in the winter?
Yes, in the late fall and early spring. But this was a big one, a centimeter of ice here and there, more in some places, less in most places. But lots of power outages, and even after our power came back we had two drops.

Serious thought to next desk computer (this one with Win10 is from 2015) being a laptop for this reason, the battery/ power supply is great when there’s breaks in power or drops in voltage. It would need to be able to support two external screens, a real keyboard, a real mouse, additional external backup hard drive, etc.

Onaga for the correct name @Desertvalleychickens your barred rock could very easily be mama (and with the straight comb, papa likely the buff orp), and baby would likely have buff leakage. Now the other one: the Dom x light brahma....I'm seeing a bit of buff leakage around her comb....which looks more like a straight comb gone a bit wonky. Are you POSITIVE on her breeding? Admittedly, she has fantastic barring, but the comb and leakage are kinda saying something else is in there somewhere.
I am positive on Onyx's breeding, as she has feathered feet and Ijak was the only rooster when she was hatched. I honestly do not know what happened with the comb and buff leakage, it was the same with her 2 direct brothers. Onaga just might be mom? But the chick has only white and black fluff....
1000008082.jpg

I am positive on Onyx's breeding, as she has feathered feet and Ijak was the only rooster when she was hatched. I honestly do not know what happened with the comb and buff leakage, it was the same with her 2 direct brothers. Onaga just might be mom? But the chick has only white and black fluff....
View attachment 3782391
Sounds like onaga's mother has something hidden under her Colombian coloring then...unless Ijak has a bit of gold tones (unlikely). As far as the chick, have to see how it feathers out (sometimes to point of lay to see earlobe color) to determine parents.

Sounds like onaga's mother has something hidden under her Colombian coloring then...unless Ijak has a bit of gold tones (unlikely). As far as the chick, have to see how it feathers out (sometimes to point of lay to see earlobe color) to determine parents.
Ijak, hold on.
1000007687.jpg

1000007054.jpg

Unless it's sheen from the sun, he seems to have some gold on his hackles? I think I may have seen it before...

Back
Top Bottom