Free ranging comes with risks. I have kept Poppet up since I got her in October. A week ago, I bit the bullet and decided to let her out of jail as my dad called it. This little ball of fluff is now living her best life. I referred to Chiquita as Butters little minion. Poppet, well, Poppet has a whole flock of big minions.
View attachment 3783479View attachment 3783496View attachment 3783497View attachment 3783498View attachment 3783499View attachment 3783501View attachment 3783505View attachment 3783506View attachment 3783507View attachment 3783508
Oh my. So adorable. LOVE the second picture with her big minions!

Jaffar is my buddy. He’s been a great friend and rooster for his ladies. He’s my wingman, and a good fighter pilot never leaves his wingman’s side!
But as my ex wife would say.. “when the going gets tough, the tough go shopping 🛍️! That’s why she is my X wife

This was interesting and informative, thanks. Begs the question of why a second oocyte is released prematurely...hormones control that I think...then it causes a reversal in peristalsis, due to other body signals/hormones...all these cascade effects...guessing that soft shell eggs have a similar problem, hormones causing peristalsis and a too-rapid travel through the system.

Breeding for high(er) egg production is the cause? I know the "heritage breed" Buckeyes were "improved" since the 1970's for "better" egg production, to make them more popular and save them from disappearing, to "conserve" the breed.

I also wonder about endocrine disruption via pollutants or plastics. Thinking of all the farm products, chemicals, water piping, etc.
In Petunias case she’s a mutt so no egg production breeding there. As for pollutants, possibly, but I have an environmental research station 1.5km away that says our air and ground water are great. So I am at a huge loss as to wonder why her?

My older gals I would say yes to age being a factor.

Well I haven’t read the article yet - it looks interesting.

Free ranging comes with risks. I have kept Poppet up since I got her in October. A week ago, I bit the bullet and decided to let her out of jail as my dad called it. This little ball of fluff is now living her best life. I referred to Chiquita as Butters little minion. Poppet, well, Poppet has a whole flock of big minions.
View attachment 3783479View attachment 3783496View attachment 3783497View attachment 3783498View attachment 3783499View attachment 3783501View attachment 3783505View attachment 3783506View attachment 3783507View attachment 3783508
OMG what a princess 😊💕 she is just so darn adorable lol. I am so glad she is getting along with everyone ❤️

Back
Top Bottom