I realize that soon, my precious little rooster friend will be leaving this world, and it makes me sad to think about it. But he’s had the best time of his life with both his life family, and then my family and his new harem of which I am so happy that he adopted as his own.
Sir Jaffar has been having trouble keeping his eyes open. And he stands still and doesn’t move around much.
But then, he wakes up and tries to mount his ladies (instant energy I guess)
He still takes the time to groom himself. And he eats and drinks, if I put him right over his feed bowls.
I really love that rooster! View attachment 3791281
:hugs :hugs

I realize that soon, my precious little rooster friend will be leaving this world, and it makes me sad to think about it. But he’s had the best time of his life with both his life family, and then my family and his new harem of which I am so happy that he adopted as his own.
Sir Jaffar has been having trouble keeping his eyes open. And he stands still and doesn’t move around much.
He still takes the time to groom himself. And he eats and drinks, if I put him right over his feed bowls.
Alex, hug him for me please. You love that boy now. Spoil him rotten. Play "Cry Macho" on repeat, he may not see it, but I am sure he knows the sound of that movie by now. Feed him his favorite food and if he wants to be with the ladies let him. You have given him a wonderful life, do not forget that. When the time comes you will also give him a wonderful death as much as it may hurt.

Alex, hug him for me please. You love that boy now. Spoil him rotten. Play "Cry Macho" on repeat, he may not see it, but I am sure he knows the sound of that movie by now. Feed him his favorite food and if he wants to be with the ladies let him. You have given him a wonderful life, do not forget that. When the time comes you will also give him a wonderful death as much as it may hurt.
Oh, I will. And ya know? He’s been the only other chook who ever loves going to town with me. The other one was my RIR “RED2”
But I have no pictures of her to share.
He’s my rooster buddy, and I try to take him with me wherever I go when I can.

I know! I thought of you the minute I figured it out.
And look at how magnificent she is!
View attachment 3791277View attachment 3791278View attachment 3791279
IMG_3175.jpeg
IMG_3167.jpeg

He has indeed had the best life possible with you. :hugs I have no other words to this post except for I’m sorry.

I second all this. :goodpost::hugs:hugs

Forgive me please, but I have to say it.

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

Ok, I feel better. I remember at some point telling you last year when the princesses were mere chicklet's that Tassels would be 4 things. Big, Black, Beautiful and Broody. She cannot help it, it is the Marans in her. This year is out, next year if timing is better let her have some chickies or eggs. Marans are excellent mothers.
I want to give a warning as I know some members on this thread have Marans chicks at the moment. Prepare yourselves. They WILL go broody. I read some breed reviews on them before and when I first got mine. In general it said they may go broody, false information. Correct information should say "prone to chronic broodiness." My girls have proved it, @knoturavggrl Brownie has proven it. I also read that they were average mothers, again false. Digging into the average mother theory I found many did not trust them to raise their chicks because of their huge feet and fear of stepping and squishing chicks. Those first few days any hen is going to possibly step on a chick until they learn to stay out from under momma's feet. Chicks are sturdy and you will see, day 2 of being off the nest they have learned.

Ok, enough gloating, but I love it that BBB *Big, Beautiful, Black* Tassels is living up to her Marans genetics.
I oft times wonder if Sophia has Marans in her - she sure was an awesome mama.

Tassels will be an amazing mama, I would so shove chicks under her next year, maybe 2 or 3 BCM pullet chicks 😊💕

Back
Top Bottom