My chickens are not too happy that it's hot! got up to 95F!
View attachment 3801493
Wow that’s warm!

It’s a swamp here but everyone got some sunshine time yesterday. The soil is just saturated so no dust baths.

C69EAEE3-4553-4A31-9A30-60675C0AA5A9.jpeg

Should be next two days sunny and mild, but then back to rain again. Ugh…

I won’t be flying through the mountains passes tonight. Variable weather conditions can be treacherous. We will spend the night and then at sunrise head home. Poor Sir Jaffar is wiped out tired. New atmosphere, smells, altitude etc. :old:thumbsup
Rest and be safe. You’ll see your new wee ones today:

For your viewing pleasure, a bunch of presumed cockerels 😖. I’d love to hear you all say “No no, those are definitely all pullets. Especially Mina”.

View attachment 3801795
BCM 1. Largest! And boldest.

View attachment 3801796
BCM 2. Sure, smallish comb, but wattles and still no tail. They are the most skittish.

View attachment 3801797
OE 1. I had always assumed boy for this lad since he has a cute brown stripe on one side of his head as a wee fluff ball. :confused:

View attachment 3801798
OE 2. Oh Mina why do you have such a large comb at barely four weeks! What do you all think of this one?

View attachment 3801799
OE 3: Bananas. Comb large but not pink, wattles present but not huge… I still hold out hope for this one.

View attachment 3801800
A wee baby. Sweet little thing who fell asleep face down in the grass a few times today 🥰
Yep 1 & 2 cockerel, OE1 ?, Mina ?, Bananas pullet, wee baby pullet.

Sure are darn cute all of them 💕

For your viewing pleasure, a bunch of presumed cockerels 😖. I’d love to hear you all say “No no, those are definitely all pullets. Especially Mina”.

View attachment 3801795

View attachment 3801796
BCM 2. Sure, smallish comb, but wattles and still no tail. They are the most skittish.

View attachment 3801797
OE 1. I had always assumed boy for this lad since he has a cute brown stripe on one side of his head as a wee fluff ball. :confused:

View attachment 3801798
OE 2. Oh Mina why do you have such a large comb at barely four weeks! What do you all think of this one?

View attachment 3801799
OE 3: Bananas. Comb large but not pink, wattles present but not huge… I still hold out hope for this one.

View attachment 3801800
A wee baby. Sweet little thing who fell asleep face down in the grass a few times today 🥰
My guesses:
1 and 2 - boys
3 - probably a boy
4,5 - probably pullets
6 - pullet

Some of my pullets had largish combs and even waddles young. They are now laying eggs.

This young I really put the weight of my guesses into the pink/ red appearing or not to determine sex. So far this has been fairly accurate.

View attachment 3801795

View attachment 3801796

View attachment 3801797

View attachment 3801798

View attachment 3801799

View attachment 3801800
Bcm 1 is using a pullet stance rather than a cockerel stance in that pic if that helps any....
(Not definitive by any means)

Over the last year or so, Cheetah has been the boy getting pushed off by the others. In the last week or so that has changed.
20240414_200621.jpg
20240414_200607.jpg
20240414_200203.jpg
20240414_200202.jpg
This went on for an hour last night. It included the wing herding, Cheetah going into the coop, Hector approaching and getting chased off again. This morning, Whiskey chased Hector for a moment.

Back
Top Bottom