I already have it in the water ;) thank you though.

This chick hatched with an eye bulge (I am sure it is a birth defect, I watched it hatch just as it is) but appears completely normal otherwise. I have done some research and there are many threads here on it. The prognosis isn’t promising nor is there a darn thing I can do about it. I will keep caring for it as best I can and it’s no longer alone.

Time, Terramycin (I hoarded some), and hope is about all I can do for the little peep. It is eating and drinking, I have yet to catch it pooping. 🤞 some do pull through.
Oh I’m this case I will be thinking really good thoughts for the wee little chickie. She is on the best hands possible, I know you will make sure she is given every opportunity 💕

I already have it in the water ;) thank you though.

This chick hatched with an eye bulge (I am sure it is a birth defect, I watched it hatch just as it is) but appears completely normal otherwise. I have done some research and there are many threads here on it. The prognosis isn’t promising nor is there a darn thing I can do about it. I will keep caring for it as best I can and it’s no longer alone.

Time, Terramycin (I hoarded some), and hope is about all I can do for the little peep. It is eating and drinking, I have yet to catch it pooping. 🤞 some do pull through.
Did they say what he bulge was from? Is it due to an infection ‘in egg’.

Did they say what he bulge was from? Is it due to an infection ‘in egg’.
It could be or a birth defect at some point during development. My jubilees will be a year old May 6th perhaps I jumped to fast and should have waited longer before trying to hatch any of their eggs. I am sure millimeters of size matters if you’re trapped inside of an egg. They look normal sized to me but perhaps they are still not quite right size for correct development? I just don't know exactly.

In the name of caution, I will be putting off hatching anymore till early fall at the earliest maybe Ill even wait till next spring. I will also go from freshly washed hands to medical gloves for candling.

white cake. all from scratch.
I assumed all from scratch!
White cake? Is that a vanilla sponge?
Sorry, I have never heard the term before.

Baking talk tax: everyone out and about except Tassels.
IMG_6018.jpeg

It could be or a birth defect at some point during development. My jubilees will be a year old May 6th perhaps I jumped to fast and should have waited longer before trying to hatch any of their eggs. I am sure millimeters of size matters if you’re trapped inside of an egg. They look normal sized to me but perhaps they are still not quite right size for correct development? I just don't know exactly.

In the name of caution, I will be putting off hatching anymore till early fall at the earliest maybe Ill even wait till next spring. I will also go from freshly washed hands to medical gloves for candling.
Sometimes these things just happen, but I know what you mean by being extra cautious. Better to be extra vigilant for sure.

To allay your fears though, I hatched eggs from my silkie pullets only a few months after they started laying with no issues. I handled the eggs in all the cases I had them under Henny, and I candled when they internally pipped (most amazing thing ever to see that chick poked into the air sack!), I handled the chicks when they hatched.

I have done just about everything they say not to do, I even had all my babies running around in the cold in the barn with the flock - what is the temps they say for chicks?

As I said, sometimes these things just happen.

Anyways I am hoping and praying for a wee miracle for your wee chick 💕

I assumed all from scratch!
White cake? Is that a vanilla sponge?
Sorry, I have never heard the term before.

Baking talk tax: everyone out and about except Tassels.
View attachment 3801455
I do a chocolate cake from scratch - yum!

Not fussy on a white cake but hey, if it’s here I’ll eat it. We make a white cake with vanilla extract for flavouring, but otherwise it’s just a plain white cake using plain flour. It’s not a sponge cake which is more yellow in colour - the white cake is white.

My mum made another dark fruit cake we are working through. Sooooo good!

Back
Top Bottom