I checked a couple spots that used to be wet in the covered run and am very happy to report the French drain and run pavers are doing their job! Just damp there. We’ve had a lot of rain too. I didn’t get into the farthest corner yet, but it’s good enough!
You did a good job there!

It does. I was hoping for good news
Good news is I didn’t get into any domestic violence issues. The subject in question, is missing without a trace. No cc’s no street videos on cctv . No bank activity. The APB has been turned over to the FBI . I’m still honored that they wanted me to start the investigation. I will be done refueling and then on my way back home. (Maybe a donut and some coffee) I’m hungry. IMG_4168.jpeg

Just curious... what do you carry?

I love the snicky-snick sounds of cycling the action on a gun, or the clicky-click sounds of a cylinder rotating.
I love the sound of the handcuffs clicking all the way around. (32 clicks) and the submission of a violently resisting perp.

Good news is I didn’t get into any domestic violence issues. The subject in question, is missing without a trace. No cc’s no street videos on cctv . No bank activity. The APB has been turned over to the FBI . I’m still honored that they wanted me to start the investigation. I will be done refueling and then on my way back home. (Maybe a donut and some coffee) I’m hungry. View attachment 3801291
Well you must have a great rep for being invited for that case. I'm really proud of you.

It's sad there is no traces. That must be immensely frustrating 😒. Her family will be really distraught.

I hope you can grab something more substantial to eat. Get home safely :hugs

The lone hatcher seems much happier overall and is coming out from under the heat plate to eat and drink. We shall see something funky is going on with him. Hopefully the little guy or girl will pull through.
Some warm sugar water (I use honey) will perk her up, I had to do that with a chick once who was very lethargic.

I planted some perennial roots (garden phlox, blue sea holly, and 2 colors of clematis). We will see if they actually come up/do anything. I also dug up an old peony from a poor location (we didn't plant it, I've never worked with peonies before). The clump was densely packed and about 14 inches across. Of course it broke into about 5 pieces, with shoots coming on all of them. I HAD been planning on putting it in 1 location, near the other one that grows REALLY well.....now I have it in 5 spots: 1 in the bed by Sherlock's favorite watering hole, 1 in the random bed in the middle of the grass farther out from where it had been, 1 in the square bed by the pavers by the deck, and 2 out where I'd originally planned, 1 on either side of the rock. Rain in the forecast tomorrow with snow the day after. Watered them anyway as it's supposed to hit 70F today and the ground is dry....plus the rain/snow may not hit us/do much.

The feathered assistants are trying to scratch where the garden phlox roots went...and Storm's girls are circling the house under hers and/or Pear's supervision poking around in the tall grass and shrubs. I noticed Nimbus had her tail flared and Cardhu was half flared. If one of them is contemplating going broody, I pray she does in the middle of the rose patch. It's the closest exterior location to Fort Knox I can come up with....and Nimbus has been poking through it multiple times
Roses would be a great fortress, Peonies are great, but don’t last very long, and here first big rainfall and the petals fall off.

Lady at the feed store said Betty looked like a Peonie 😊
57390F1D-014F-47C3-979E-B75063D6050A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom