Easy. She will go overnight from this :
View attachment 3802110
Screaming deadly insults in R'lyehian ....
#€*&!€!!!!
Sounding like Rammstein.

To this :
Hello 🤗 I'm Merle would you care to share some of your delicious lunch with me ?🎵 (to the sound of Vivaldi's Spring).
View attachment 3802131
Silkies are very quiet and serene when broody, they quietly cluck, and chortle. Caring for their golf ball.

But once that golf ball hatches - it’s a turn to the dark side!

Silkies are very quiet and serene when broody, they quietly cluck, and chortle. Caring for their golf ball.

But once that golf ball hatches - it’s a turn to the dark side!
I think Tassels is devious. She comes across all sweet and sane. And then she suddenly shrieks and tries to undo to door of the dog crate.
I think she might break me before I break her!
I am hand feeding her chopped strawberries which seems to be all she really wants right now!

Piglet stopped by to pose for a mugshot and wish everyone a happy rest of Monday.
IMG_6057.jpeg
IMG_6049.jpeg

Silly question, but how will I know?

Maybe in a couple days let her out and see what she does.
When I've broken Widget, I had her in the crate for 2 days and nights. On the 3rd night, I let her out. If she went back to the nest, I put her screaming broody butt back into the crate. If she went to roost, she was done and fine.
I am not against having cocktails bits darn hard to get rid of them!
Invite your neighbors over for cocktails! What's the problem?
:lau

Amazingly, the little lone hatcher seems to be pulling through. The swelling seems to have decreased a wee bit and she is still able to open and close her larger eye normally. Eating, drinking, pooping and running around pretty normally as well.

Compared to the Ameraucanas she is a bit slower and a little less curious but overall she seems to be holding her own.

I think I may have to look up the name of a famous woman boxer if she makes it since she is such a fighter! (Assuming she turns out to be girl of course.)

Last edited:
A Remembrance and a Celebration

Hello again. I remain slammed at work with little time to spend catching up on everyone However we are approaching an anniversary that demands to recognized. So I am going to post something every day for the next few days. I apologize if I do not respond to any comments you may make. I just don't have a spare 2 hours in my day to follow this thread.

Anytime there is a changing of guard in a tribe of chickens there is usually a loss of some kind. This coming Friday is both the anniversary of Aurora's ascension to the thrown and, of course, Lilly's passing. So leading up to Friday I am going to retell some of Lilly's most interesting stories as she deserves to be remembered.

Today's remembrance are some of my favorite videos. Lilly loved torturing new comers to the tribe. It gave her immense pleasure to stalk and surprise them. She would even work with other hens like Sansa or even Phyllis to scare the newcomers twice in one surprise attack.

Here you will find Lilly scaring Little Jabber half to death with a surprise attack.

Here Lilly welcomes Betty to the Tribe

Lilly Chases Everyone

Hopefully these links work for everyone.

Lilly was a special leader and excellent leader of the tribe. She is dearly missed by all.
Ha! She really did like to spook them. I swear I can almost hear her laughing afterwards. Wonderful of you to share the memory.

I am sorry you’re so busy and I hope things slow back down for you soon. We will all hold fort down until you are able to return.

I think Tassels is devious. She comes across all sweet and sane. And then she suddenly shrieks and tries to undo to door of the dog crate.
I think she might break me before I break her!
I am hand feeding her chopped strawberries which seems to be all she really wants right now!
Awwwww poor Tassels and poor you! Don’t let her loose she’ll come for you haha.

Give it 48 hrs and then see what goes on. Worse thing and she won’t stop, your help will Just have to haul her fluffy butt off the nest at least once a day to poop and try for a drink and food.

We have all been there, sometimes they just have to go the course.

Tippy has been BUK BUK BUKing and I noticed she has plucked her chest - bad Tippy! And Twister has a bald chest and belly…. I am hoping the Silkies dont go broody - I got three silkie eggs today! Yay! Someone else is laying.

Poor Mr P - those girls are just picking him to bits! They have started on his rump and tail feathers now. I couldn’t find the culprit to pull out, but I sprayed him green in the hopes the girls will stop pecking at him. I would love to give him a bath but I thinks it’s too cold still - even if I blow dry him he would still be a bit damp.

And I don’t want to separate him from the herd; he would be lonely and the girls would be harassed by Bert too much. So my poor beauty is a green goblin now 😟

Back
Top Bottom