Maggie update
Maggie continues to be Maggie - see below her terrorizing the young ladies and her fluffy butt grazing on the lawn this morning.
But the signs are not good. She has not passed either another lash egg or laid a real egg in over a week. So what the vet felt cannot be a regular egg.
He wants to see her again today and maybe give her an X-ray.
I am pessimistic but she didn't seem stressed going in to see him the first time so I am taking her in this afternoon.
View attachment 2349102
Maggie looks great. Please keep us posted. That is some serious flight by the babies!

Hmm... don’t they all? This is the only pic of Bridge as a baby chick... her spot is more yellow, though. But once they start feathering in, doesn’t the double barring show?
View attachment 2349165
More white than black on the wing feathers also is a trait of males as i have been told, correct?

THANK YOU! I’m going to trust you on this and not write it down myself. I forgot or didn’t catch that the Auracana brought both the blue egg AND the cream. I knew about the orininal and adding back in white leghorn, but wasn’t sure on the rest. This is awesome.
Always glad to help. It took a bit to put that together.

Is that your chicken? Tell me that is your hen. I need to know more about them.

You are so bad. I had made my mind up not to do it right now. I don't need to see more. Add that to @RoyalChick flying princesses and now I'm back on the fence. :barnie
Not mine. But my Vanilla is white and lays blue, so....close enough.
Do it.
878C8BDE-E66A-4C56-967A-04DD3A62987E.png

Thanks! I have to take BILLIONS of shots to get a good one! Or find a new silly noise to make them all stop on alert.... I still didn't get all four completely in there! Chicken photographer has got to be a way harder job than your average pet photographer!:lau
Having taken my chickens to pet photographers, they treat them the same as any Dog or Cat. Still a tough job though.

Back
Top Bottom