:love:love:love

Mal was in the big coop again the other day. I spilled some corn on the carpet and she came in to clean it up for me. Davis was gone the whole time she was in. As soon as she walked out he was at the door staring at her.

Who's really the "chicken"?

WUSS CAT!

View attachment 1949482
:love
:gig :gig :gig

Okay here ya go
View attachment 1949613
Scratching around in the hay :lau
:love:love:love

Mal was in the big coop again the other day. I spilled some corn on the carpet and she came in to clean it up for me. Davis was gone the whole time she was in. As soon as she walked out he was at the door staring at her.

Who's really the "chicken"?

WUSS CAT!

View attachment 1949482

That was considerate of her! :lau

I’m hoping that if Jasper ever gets out, Charlie has enough nous to flap her wings at him; I’m sure he’d go haring off in the opposite direction! Mishka, the other cat, I’m not so sure.

I’m about to get my Bachelor of Creative Arts, majoring in music. I did start a double degree in Law, but my direction changed and I transferred out of it and decided to just complete the single degree. I also sat my Certificate of Performance and Certificate of Teaching. What have you been studying?
I'm newly doctored, still waiting on the redtape to clear. I applied a social theoretic lens to study emerging technology and social constructs.

Wow! So much cleverness. I'm quite in awe. @LozzyR, can I ask what you actually do? Practice law? Or music? Or both...?

Hi @Ribh , I think I made it sound it more exciting than it is! ;) My day-job is working in an office and I teach piano (although I’m wondering if I’ve lost interest in that). What I wanted to make as my career was to be a film and TV composer and then I had an absolutely appalling experience writing music for a B-grade low-budget feature, where the first-time director/producer went back on our agreement and started bullying and threatening legal action. I ended up having to engage a lawyer and the whole thing dragged out and killed my enthusiasm for composing. I decided I wasn’t going to let anyone do that to me ever again so I started studying some legal units by distance. I then started a music degree to get into the law degree. If I was going to practice law, it would be music law and I would have to work in Sydney (and we live two hours away). I had a baby in 2011 and working in Sydney would have meant missing out on a lot of his growing up, plus I was getting more into teaching and my direction changed. I sat my Certificate of Performance in piano and my Certificate of Teaching (in the middle of my degrees) and ran myself into the ground. So I’m now wondering if I’m burnt out from all the study, or teaching has just reached its natural conclusion. I’ve just joined a song-writing club, even though I don’t write songs, in a bid to compose more music. I think I might be getting my enthusiasm back for composing so if I can earn money from that, even just some royalties, that would be nice.

Whew, that’s a big paragraph! :D I guess that’s the last decade-and-a-bit in a nutshell.

I actually sort of get it. My YD works professionally in the music performance industry. It can be the nastiest, most narcissistic business out there. She did an events management cert III because, although she sings professionally, that won't pay her rent. Like a lot of singers she actually ends up paying for the privilege of performing: costumes, makeup, hair she has to provide. Her company manager has done law to deal with the fallout from the nasty narcissists!:gig

I actually sort of get it. My YD works professionally in the music performance industry. It can be the nastiest, most narcissistic business out there. She did an events management cert III because, although she sings professionally, that won't pay her rent. Like a lot of singers she actually ends up paying for the privilege of performing: costumes, makeup, hair she has to provide. Her company manager has done law to deal with the fallout from the nasty narcissists!:gig

I went to a music workshop last week and the lady from APRA AMCOS said that whilst university creative arts students are about 50/50 male and female (which I guess also includes the non-binary genders as well), female composers that are their members are sitting at around 21 percent. She said they were still trying to work out why there is such a significant drop. I replied that it was probably because they are subjected to appalling, abusive behaviour and drop out as they really don’t need that sort of s*** in their lives. :he

Back
Top Bottom