Well, I found myself also assuming gender, and discovering one can't tell with internet handles! For some reason I have assumed more women than men keep chickens. In the sense of backyard chickens. But is that true? It's an historical, traditional thing and definitely binary in terms of gender roles. Tales of how it used to be -- the man out in the fields and and doing things requiring greater strength, and the woman tending to things closer to the farmhouse with kids and a garden and providing the meals, the household chicken flock were part of that. Old fashioned for sure. What actually is the ratio now?
It's mostly men here.

You may be right. You can get matt finish and not use red. I was thinking a small dab on one toenail so less likely to chip. I wasn't thinking a whole mani-pedi - though the mental image of that is entertaining. I wonder if anyone has tried it.
They have. I remember seeing a picture here on BYC. All the toe nails painted.

Should have read ahead.

Morning all! I'm back to my normal state of trying to catch up...I only have 42 pages to go...that translates to 420+ posts...:th

I hope you are all having a great weekend!

I missed posting my FBF post yesterday...hopefully it's okay if it's a day late...:D

I believe Maybelline (FBMC) has the fluffiest butt in my flock...it's a toss up between her & Ophelia (BO) whom I will share next Friday!
20201127_121939.jpg
20201127_122020.jpg

Listen peeps, I can't just order up a new "tribe"of chickens, here in Central Cal. And it's actually very hard to replace ones I have hatched from their eggs- to me now.
FAA won't even let me fly some back from MurrayMcMurray due to the avian quarantine in CA. So I just need you all to pray for my Canna's survival. Thank you.
I've got to be a bit blunt here and point out that examination, research and treatment are far more likely to help your hen than praying.

Back
Top Bottom