The Thanksgiving Chicken

Brilliant story ByBob, you have a gift with words :lau. I'm just picturing Lilly zooming down the table as if it was a runway. I really wasn't expecting your mum to catch her! :gig

Also, that is an adorable picture of Eve and look at Mal's innocent expression!

Introductions

Today was a special day for Eve and me. We finally got to spend some time together. Of course Eve needed to meet the girls. It was too cold to take her out so the backdoor was the perfect solution.

Eve and Maleficent spent a great deal of time staring into each other's eyes.
View attachment 1971563
View attachment 1971564

While they were most interested in each other, Eve's favorite was clearly Aurora. She cackled everytime Aurora came over to the door.

After spending time with the ladies it was time for us to enjoy her new book together. I love this story and Eve enjoyed hearing it today for the first time.
View attachment 1971567
It was a special time together.

She is back home in Virginia now. I miss her. :love

Yep, with you as a Grandpa, Eve can't help but be a chicken whisperer too :D

I'm so pleased and excited that you found a copy of "The Chicken that could swim" ! I love to share the joy of a favorite book.

Introductions

Today was a special day for Eve and me. We finally got to spend some time together. Of course Eve needed to meet the girls. It was too cold to take her out so the backdoor was the perfect solution.

Eve and Maleficent spent a great deal of time staring into each other's eyes.
View attachment 1971563
View attachment 1971564

While they were most interested in each other, Eve's favorite was clearly Aurora. She cackled everytime Aurora came over to the door.

After spending time with the ladies it was time for us to enjoy her new book together. I love this story and Eve enjoyed hearing it today for the first time.
View attachment 1971567
It was a special time together.

She is back home in Virginia now. I miss her. :love

Aww Bob, she’s so sweet. :love I’m glad she’s doing well and she got to meet the ladies. I’m sure it won’t take her long to love chooks like us.

Yep, with you as a Grandpa, Eve can't help but be a chicken whisperer too :D

I'm so pleased and excited that you found a copy of "The Chicken that could swim" ! I love to share the joy of a favorite book.

I am so thankful you shared that with me. It's a wonderful story with beautiful pictures. She loved it.

Brilliant story ByBob, you have a gift with words :lau. I'm just picturing Lilly zooming down the table as if it was a runway. I really wasn't expecting your mum to catch her! :gig

Also, that is an adorable picture of Eve and look at Mal's innocent expression!

None of us expected Mom to catch her. I actually thought Mom would start running away when Lilly got to her. I thought Lilly might chase her around the house. My best hope for a grab was my Dad and Lilly was past him so fast he did not have time to do anything.

Can you imagine 2 or 3 of us trying to catch her loose in the house with a cherry foot? Carpet, couch, and chairs could have been involved. My Mom was a real Thanksgiving hero.

Back
Top Bottom