Chicken taxes
Compare:
This is Lil' Queenie on Dec 19th:
IMG_20201219_085052884.jpg

This is Queenie on Jan 11th.
IMG_20210111_154920381.jpg

Better focus here, I could not get the phone to focus on the chicken, not the person!
IMG_20210111_154903174.jpg
About 23 days difference. Did she just grow fast, or was the safer living & less stress, good plenty real chicken feed the cause? Like her growth was on hold, or do they just transform that quickly?

Cillin is sick. He had a mild case of bumble foot a few months ago which Gloria treated. He's got another one now and it's infected. His pad is terribly swollen.
He's at the vets 6.30pm tomorrow.
It's amjor problem if he's sick. He ran away from Treacle this evening. Yesterday Treacle didn't challenge him. I think Gloria will have to operate and that means Cillin will have to be confined for a while and Treacle will be the boss. When Cillin returns there will be problems. Not at all happy about this.
Cillin has been as good as gold. I managed to get him out of the bamboo. It took a while. He's in with me for the night and has put up with lots of handling and inspections.:love
I know I post a lot of pictures of Treacle but Cillin has a place very deep in my heart.
View attachment 2487816View attachment 2487817
Oh no! Hope Gloria can fix him up.

Chicken taxes
Compare:
View attachment 2487833

View attachment 2487834

Better focus here, I could not get the phone to focus on the chicken, not the person!
View attachment 2487842
About 23 days difference. Did she just grow fast, or was the safer living & less stress, good plenty real chicken feed the cause? Like her growth was on hold, or do they just transform that quickly?
She is one mighty fine chicken! 🥰🥰

That first video is a classic. Don't lose it. Chickens do this all day long and you rarely see pictures of it. Okay, it's not usually quite so explosive or liquid but none the less.
Yup, I can guarantee, chickens do that all day. eat & poo eat & poo eat & poo ;)

Cillin is sick. He had a mild case of bumble foot a few months ago which Gloria treated. He's got another one now and it's infected. His pad is terribly swollen.
He's at the vets 6.30pm tomorrow.
It's amjor problem if he's sick. He ran away from Treacle this evening. Yesterday Treacle didn't challenge him. I think Gloria will have to operate and that means Cillin will have to be confined for a while and Treacle will be the boss. When Cillin returns there will be problems. Not at all happy about this.
Cillin has been as good as gold. I managed to get him out of the bamboo. It took a while. He's in with me for the night and has put up with lots of handling and inspections.:love
I know I post a lot of pictures of Treacle but Cillin has a place very deep in my heart.
View attachment 2487816View attachment 2487817
He will be fine. You are getting him the help he needs. I know the reintegration is going to be difficult and this will not be easy. You will both get through this. I am glad that you have someone to help him. Kudos to you for knowing when he needs help based upon behavior.
Hugs my firend. :hugs:hugs:hugs

Ok guys I'm in trouble. I just discovered Lavender Marans. Well actually Rosie did and showed them to me. Not only that she'd looked up places to get them before bringing them to my attention and even found a place in Tennessee that has them. Guess what she wants for her birthday now. Going to have to think long and hard on this one.

Chicken taxes
Compare:
View attachment 2487833

View attachment 2487834

View attachment 2487842
That's 23 days total. That is like the final month of growth. Certainly being safe with nutritious food helped her to finish growing. Without knowing how old she was back in December it is hard to say if her growth was stunted or not. One thing is certainly clear, she is thriving now. She just looks so healthy. You have done just an amazing job with her. :clap:clap

Back
Top Bottom