LaFemmeKatia

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
May 14, 2020
South Carolina
My Coop
My Coop
My sister sent me a photo of sudden egg abundance yesterday, said they had only been getting maybe two a day (20+ chickens) and suddenly they got about 15. Hoping this means mine might lay again soon too! They also finally seem to have red combs :)
I have nine hens and I am getting on average seven eggs a day! I am thinking it’s because they are all young (under a year old). I imagine that as they mature they will take breaks.
Meanwhile, my husband and I eat eggs almost every day and they still add up. We’ve given a few dozen eggs away!

Last edited:

LaFemmeKatia

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
May 14, 2020
South Carolina
My Coop
My Coop
] 05D94207-E91D-4676-AC5E-EED7030020A5.jpeg C39D6821-7214-4BD4-8DA0-8F97635FAF8A.jpeg ] B11D090A-833D-440D-9AF0-F682875391F2.jpeg
It's about time I said hello to everyone in this thread my apologies for not doing so earlier.

Hi there :frow
I'm in BYC because I love animals of most kinds and not only chickens. When I came across this thread I found it interesting then got carried away on reading about Bob's goat and totally forgot to properly introduce myself.

I first discovered BYC when I was trying to find answers on keeping chickens and at the same time still learning too use the internet plus this site.

Thanks to all that have replied to me :)
Welcome to our flock, Marie! I love this site. I can honestly say that belonging to BYC has made it possible for me to become a true chicken keeper, because until May of 2020 I never owned a chicken. And no one I am close to ever kept chickens either. I had no background, no knowledge. Just a dream that I always fancied having my own flock of chickens.
And today, thanks to Retirement, Covid, and TSC tempting me with bin after bin of adorable peeps, I am the proud mommy of nine chickens.
:love

Last edited:

BY Bob

Proprietor, Fluffy Butt Acres
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jan 1, 2016
Hershey, PA
My Coop
My Coop
I have nine hens and I am getting on average seven eggs a day! I am thinking it’s because they are all young (under a year old). I imagine that as they mature they will take breaks.
meanwhile, my husband and I eat eggs almost every day and they still add up. We’ve given a few dozen eggs away!
That first year they lay like crazy. They will take winter breaks next year.

Feb 2, 2017
San Joaquin Valley CA.
The trouble with having a house rooster: Jaffar is quite accustomed to being in the house at night, (His prior owner did the same thing with him) But in the mornings, he winds up like a top, and when I bring him back to the barn/coop, he gets all "rooster"on his ladies. Chasing them around the run, thru the coop, and over the feed bowls (He gets crazy):barnie
BLU just stands there, shaking his head, as if he's laughing at all the commotion! :confused:. Just another day in paradise!

Top Bottom