I've never done the midnight movie thing but my oldest daughter did it for many movies, most notably the Harry Potter ones, in costume.

That is a wonderful picture. How is the lice situation sizing up?
Well, thankfully they are host specific. I haven’t managed a raid on the drug cabinet in the barn yet, so it has been manually combing them out (the nice metal human lice comb works, but the plastic ones that came in with the lice killing shampoo don’t) and dipping the comb in boiling water. She’s still scratching, but I’m getting a lot off of her.

Profit at what cost. We need to educate more people whenever possible. The amount they are saving on eggs is simply just not enough to justify the ethics. I doubt they truly know what the conditions are.
I agree, Bob. They have no clue. I haven’t figured out how to educate people without turning them off.

Last edited:
Me too. I was just rocking Davis in my arms talking to him. 🥰
Hehehe, me too, with all of them.
Everytime I leave the house I tell Scrambles (our dog) “Ok Bumpy (nickname), Mummy will be back soon. You be a good boy, protect the house and the girls (chickens) and I’ll see you when I get home.”
Depending who I am leaving at home I can add to the protect list; Daddy (husband) and Violet (daughter).
He is a knee high terrier mutt so not sure how much protecting he could do but course he just wags his tail and looks at me but hey, it’s not hurting anyone 😂

Below is Scrambles after a summer haircut today, he will always be scruffy, haircut or no 😅
D7106F7D-0F87-41A7-B00B-295F65F1B6A7.jpeg

Last edited:
Hehehe, me too, with all of them.
Everytime I leave the house I tell Scrambles (our dog) “Ok Bumpy (nickname), Mummy will be back soon. You be a good boy, protect the house and the girls (chickens) and I’ll see you when I get home.”
Of course he just wags his tail and looks at me but hey, it’s not hurting anyone 😂
“Be good, no loud parties... Guard the trailer! Good kitties”

Love it! Just edited mine to add a picture of our old scruffy man 🥰
Awwwww, now that is one impressive guard doggo! I bet he could take care of the chooks no problem. My cats are terrified of my chickens, so no guard duties there.... so the chooks are the trailers outer perimeter security, but if someone gets to the trailer, and they don’t open a can for the kitties, I am sure my little fur balls will spring into action; show them where the cans are located, and demand to be fed immediately! It’s good to have a nice solid security system in place when you’ve only locked your doors five times in three years... and that was mostly to keep out beer pilfering family members!

Very true. They just look at numbers on a page and don’t look any further than that. Any suggestion to source local eggs from said happier hens is given a ‘yeah, I’ll look into it’ type dismissal.
I’m glad I no longer work in that industry and sadly I didn’t know enough about the practices of high production egg facilities at the time to preach more 😕

You probably aren’t up to me having a rant about a particular animal charity, if you’re reading all the way through Bob’s thread, but saving battery hens just isn’t worth their time. I stopped eating commercial eggs because of the practice of shredding and that’s why I got chickens. Most people have no idea, or don’t want to know.

Back
Top Bottom