Thanks Bob 💕💕 I trust your calculations way more than my guesses at it!
Roostie is going to hate me for this for a little bit, but hopefully will come out the better for it and appreciate it in the end (I won’t tell him you’re involved until he’s feeling better and thankful though ok?)

Considering where we are at now, (I wish I had this stuff back in October) I don’t think the package instructions are going to cut it either. *Sigh*, and we were both really enjoying the break from medicating! (The whole day and a half of it) Roostie was so happy to not be having things stuffed down his beak twice a day, and I enjoyed not having to fight to get it into him every 12 hrs, in the dark and rain using a headlamp in the middle of the field, but I was thinking this might be the case. The vet tech was quite surprised by the Tylosin component, “I haven’t heard of that one in a long time” was her response.

View attachment 2501279

So recap/summary he is 4.8kg or 10.5lbs and just ended a ten day course of 500mg Apo Amoxicillin/Clavulanic 2x daily at 12 hr intervals.

Putting the powder into his drinking water clearly won’t work, as he’s free ranging with his ladies, all the other birds would be able to access it (someone else’s water always tastes better) and he might decide to just drink puddle water instead. I have to agree with Shad on this one, isolating him from his tribe is more detrimental at this point, it really stresses him out. Even when I was daily taking him to my trailer for the liquid enrofloxacin he would get really stressed at about 20-30’ away from his girls.
Crap. This is going to be a bear to dose. I'm going to have to do some research to work this out. I will get back to you. I promise.

So far you’re doing a much better job of it than I did, or I wouldn’t be in this mess. I wish I had realized and caught that the infection was moving up earlier, before the draining point/scab location had fully healed. Or that I had noticed the Bumbles sooner. I feel terribly guilty for his suffering, but I am holding out hope and trusting in the antibiotics... we will try the Amoxy Tyl and reassess. I wish Roostie was a little more relaxed, like your Cillin, at hanging out in my trailer for treatment, that would make everything so much easier! :hugs For you, and Cillin too :hugs
For both sick roosters and chickeneers. :hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

And Lilly for comparison sake.
20210124_173420.jpg

The sound Aurora made is what I call the hawk trill, my girls make it whenever there is an aerial predator, even if it’s very high up 🤷🏻‍♀️ I will mimick it to them if I see one amd they haven’t noticed but they are pretty good at sighting them on their own.
Thanks for weighing in. We never really resolved the sounds discussion.

This is Bokky’s ‘I see a cat on the fence’ call. Very much like her ‘egg song’ funnily enough. Either way it gets my or the dogs attention and we come out. Scrambles is very good at running off cats when they are on top of the fence!
I bet he is! I can see that talent in him.

Back
Top Bottom