Chciken tax. One of the Buckeye chicks, I think Popcorn, at about three weeks. The brooder was 3'x4', which was great for setting up perches and places to fly in it, but it was also up on a stand at waist height. Easy for me to clean and interact with them. But I wound up putting a screen under the front as a "net" for when they decided to jump over to the edge and sort-a try-to-fly over to me or the nearby counter when the front was open. View attachment 2550410
Adorable! How do you like that no-slip matt on the roost? I’m been using towels, but have considered something like uou use.

So is a good tomato. 🍅
Speaking of tomatoes, the neighbours across the street, the ones who recently gave me a giant zucchini, left a large punnet of tomoatoes from their garden on the front porch! :drool:love it's time I boxed up a few eggs for them.

Chook tax!

IMG20210301180651.jpg

Good luck! You have some beautiful eggs set there. I just set some last night. Turkens...that were out there for 8 days! We waited for the cold to pass during that time it hit, but, didn't count on packages being held up after. Trying anyway, you never know. The guy is already saying he will send more. But not for two weeks..he had 5 other packages end up lost for a while. I'm not sure I'll take him up on it. I just had a second hatch finish yesterday. 7 of 10 that went into lockdown hatched. I don't want my hatched too far apart. I need them pretty close in age .. considering space outside. If they're too far apart there will be dominance problems. The buggers will go after the littles! 🤨

Exactly! And potentially detrimental when breeds turn out susceptible to sickness or early death.

Is there a breed with official characteristics "healthy and long-lived"?
Had two different breeds that lived close to ten years..well, the speckled sussex lived just over ten. The other was the penciled rock..close to ten. I hatched them, gave them to two different friends. I just posted a photo of the pencil...here is the sussex while I had her, sitting pretty.
FB_IMG_1509557561571.jpg

Back
Top Bottom