Ruby Update

Ruby saw the avian vet today. She’s still there now. She was a bit distraught at being handled, so they administered Valium. They drained over 100cc of fluid, and gave her a new hormone implant plus metacam. We’re throwing everything at her, so we’ll do a round of antibiotics, as well.

The vet mentioned disease progression and indicated it’s almost always cancer or reproductive infection that kills them. She finds it interesting that this has gone on so long, and said we can “piece her together the best we can.”

We’ve kept her going with treatment for over two years. At some point, I’ll need to have her euthanized, like I’ve said before. Poor girl. This might be her last hurrah, but I’ve said that before.
:hugs :hugs

Tax...
All the babies loving the seed block party!

Attachments

• 20210410_105946.jpg
    20210410_105946.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
None of them have ever been a whim. 😁 It was just not holding up well after pregnancies.
All prettied up with touch up work after the laser lightened it.
Good to hear. I just realised my post might have come across as a bit lecturing; it wasn’t intended that way at all. I have an ex-SIL who got tats on a whim and then ended up hating them. I’ve only got one and it’s very personal to me. :love

Good to hear. I just realised my post might have come across as a bit lecturing; it wasn’t intended that way at all. I have an ex-SIL who got tats on a whim and then ended up hating them. I’ve only got one and it’s very personal to me. :love
Not at all! It takes quite a bit more to offend me 😉
I do buy shoes on a whim tho...

Now! Back to chickens!
Today the babies informed me they are not interested in eating leeks.

Back
Top Bottom