Yes, Creamsicle is a rooster. Today I found patches of rooster red coming in. I'll probably keep him as long as I can because he's going to look so pretty and unique, but I'll need to find a new home for him. I'm also tempted of letting Cinnabar go with him. They are so close that it would be a crime to separate them. Oh what to do ...

The guy I got my birds from is doing another hatch due next week. Perhaps I could get more then. But what would integration be like for roughly day olds and a four month old if I do keep Cinnabar?

From here on out, no more names until I know for sure they are hens. I might even have to cut down how much I love them until I know. I need to be strong enough to return them.

Bob, can you share the details? I’d like to start doing my own, too.
You can get everything you need on Amazon. It cost me something over $200 as I needed a microscope if you can believe that. If you are interested in spending that much I will gladly post what you need and links to what I bought.

Yes, Creamsicle is a rooster. Today I found patches of rooster red coming in. I'll probably keep him as long as I can because he's going to look so pretty and unique, but I'll need to find a new home for him. I'm also tempted of letting Cinnabar go with him. They are so close that it would be a crime to separate them. Oh what to do ...

The guy I got my birds from is doing another hatch due next week. Perhaps I could get more then. But what would integration be like for roughly day olds and a four month old if I do keep Cinnabar?

From here on out, no more names until I know for sure they are hens. I might even have to cut down how much I love them until I know. I need to be strong enough to return them.
How many are you planning to have in your tribe?

Not at all! It takes quite a bit more to offend me 😉
I do buy shoes on a whim tho...

Now! Back to chickens!
Today the babies informed me they are not interested in eating leeks.
I have the leek discussion with my ladies quite often. Cooking them is where we have settled out.

4-6, but only two until I secure a permit.
If there are only 2 they will bond but you have to be careful to monitor the size difference. You could make it work. I merged a fully grown Elphie with a 6 week old Daisy, the greatest hen ever. That was not a great idea but they made it work. You just don't want 1 alone, for sure don't do that.

I'm glad you are planning at least 4. 4 is a great size in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom