@Scrambles83 Was it you I promised wormer information?
This is what the Vet has given me this time. I like she's mixing the medications up. Less chance of my girls becoming resistant again.

It's Ivomec & all I have to do is syringe the dose onto the back of the neck like you'd treat a cat for fleas. There is no witholding period on the eggs.
20210421_065356.jpg

@Scrambles83 Was it you I promised wormer information?
This is what the Vet has given me this time. I like she's mixing the medications up. Less chance of my girls becoming resistant again.

It's Ivomec & all I have to do is syringe the dose onto the back of the neck like you'd treat a cat for fleas. There is no witholding period on the eggs.
View attachment 2626992I hate to write this Ribh but I don't think that is going to do the job. I have read here on BYC and other places that Ivermectin is not an effective treatment for worms. It is still good for mites and lice.:confused:

OK. Thanks, @Shad. I'll dose & see how we go. I've got a few tablets left so will use those on the girls I know have a bad infestation & watch the others. If it doesn't work I will speak to the Vet & get something else as the produce stores round here only carry the Kilverm, which I know isn't working.

OK. Thanks, @Shad. I'll dose & see how we go. I've got a few tablets left so will use those on the girls I know have a bad infestation & watch the others. If it doesn't work I will speak to the Vet & get something else as the produce stores round here only carry the Kilverm, which I know isn't working.
Here in Europe and in the UK the only wormers that are still recommended and considered effective are the abendazole group.

Here in Europe and in the UK the only wormers that are still recommended and considered effective are the abendazole group.
I didn't get to choose...:( but I will keep a close eye on their poop. The sick girls did get a dose of Kilverm but they haven't been here long enough to build up immunity & Ceres had both thread & tape worms in her poop so I needed to treat quickly as she was already sick with the pox. I haven't seen any more & her poops are finally looking pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom