Rich is home!! :wee :wee

He is doing so well. I have to give him blood thinners injections twice a day until his Coumadin gets up to the correct level and then that stops.

Lots of blood work and doctor appointments for the next few days to weeks. I'm so thankful that he is home and we picked up all the kids today so our entire family is together ❤
I'm so glad! Wonderful news that the family is together. Please continue to take care of yourself too :hugs

He is doing so well. I have to give him blood thinners injections twice a day until his Coumadin gets up to the correct level and then that stops.

Lots of blood work and doctor appointments for the next few days to weeks. I'm so thankful that he is home and we picked up all the kids today so our entire family is together ❤
Yay!! So glad to read this post :D

That's great news, (But I'm still going to pray for a full recovery, at church tomorrow):hugs

I have a heap of moulters just now & Ha'penny @ least is as cross as 2 sticks about it & has been booting everyone off the top roost. We are getting down to 10~12C @ night & my nutty lot, who usually cram tightly together, have suddenly decided to spread themselves out all over the place. :idunno
That seems odd indeed!

I have 23 birds on roughly an acre of land. I have 10 birds that are 2~ 5 years old. These are my healthiest birds. They seem to have built up enough immunity that they can cope with most things round here. I've definitely maxed out my coop space. There's plenty of roosting space but the coop run space is really tight though the girls do pretty well with it because they know they will be let out to free range most days. I've battled cocci with all my younger birds all summer as it was so wet & muggy. The older girls got a touch but seemed to do better than the younger ones. I'm pretty sure I lost a couple before I figured out what was going on as they didn't show the symptoms I was expecting. 🙄 Everyone who has survived so far seems to be doing really well & healthier than they were. My exception is my GLW but :fl I've now sorted her.
Mine have an acre to play in, too, but only during supervised free range time. Do yours have access to that all the time?

I did have my only ever 6 egg day this year. Lilly lays 1 or 2 a month at this point but she is always hanging around the boxes.

Aurora is tough. I was thinking about this the other day. Lilly used to be a mean cuss as well. Since she became alpha she just isn't mean anymore. Bossy but not chase you around mean. I truly wonder if the same would hold true for Aurora?

Do you have any theories why box 1 is the only best box they prefer to lay in? I am stumped by it.
Maybe they feel more secure and private next to the wall?

Mine have an acre to play in, too, but only during supervised free range time. Do yours have access to that all the time?
They get 4~5 hours most days & don't use the bottom 1/2 of our property. It's a steep hill then a sort of beach. We don't have a lot of predators. Roaming dogs are the biggest threat so I can let them out mostly unsupervised. Our hawks would rather scavenge than hunt. We see the occasional monitor lizard or snake but they are pretty safe. They have to stay in the pen on the rare days I'm on the mainland.

They get 4~5 hours most days & don't use the bottom 1/2 of our property. It's a steep hill then a sort of beach. We don't have a lot of predators. Roaming dogs are the biggest threat so I can let them out mostly unsupervised. Our hawks would rather scavenge than hunt. We see the occasional monitor lizard or snake but they are pretty safe. They have to stay in the pen on the rare days I'm on the mainland.
Lucky girls! Mine were out several hours today, but it’s COLD, so I just pilot them in. A few of them were napping, anyway. They’ve had a good day.

Back
Top Bottom