Hi, Everyone.
I think this is the end for Ruby. She had a good day yesterday, but not today. She’s not drinking or eating. Pretty sure she’s given up. Someone on this forum told me she’d tell me when it’s time. Pretty sure we are there. We just had a nice, long lap cuddle. Now she’s in the box next to (broody) Millie, who is her bestie.

Coincidence that Millie went broody when Ruby is probably dying? I think not. I suspect they’ll spend the night beside each other.

While I feel terrible for putting Ruby through the ultrasound ordeal, I’m glad she had a day of adventuring, climbing the hill, etc. I have grown to love this bird very much.
View attachment 2673255
:hugs :hugs

Hi, Everyone.
I think this is the end for Ruby. She had a good day yesterday, but not today. She’s not drinking or eating. Pretty sure she’s given up. Someone on this forum told me she’d tell me when it’s time. Pretty sure we are there. We just had a nice, long lap cuddle. Now she’s in the box next to (broody) Millie, who is her bestie.

Coincidence that Millie went broody when Ruby is probably dying? I think not. I suspect they’ll spend the night beside each other.

While I feel terrible for putting Ruby through the ultrasound ordeal, I’m glad she had a day of adventuring, climbing the hill, etc. I have grown to love this bird very much.
View attachment 2673255
:hugsRuby has put up a good, tough fight. Both she and you have been doing everything you each can for these extra days.
I'm so glad she had a day of adventure and loving cuddles with you. And the bond between her and Millie! :hugs Ruby, you are loved. Michelle, my heart to you.

I just spent $50 on plants and had the same thought. It will be a lot of salads I hope. The real problem is that at least here, you cannot buy a decent tomato. If you want good ones, you have to grow them.

Tax:
My brother's chicks actually used the swing he built.
View attachment 2673193
Good luck! And I believe you said elsewhere that grocery store tomatoes are lacking...100% agree! That is why we tried indoor gardening. Unfortunately the basement wasn't temperate enough to produce tomatoes that were up to snuff.

Tax...Whip found her way into the hostas...
20210514_060347.jpg

Alice had a lot of pin feathers on her head at the end of her last moult and they were taking ages to open out and lose the cuticle around them. I mentioned how I just wanted to get my fingers on them and preen her head. The only time I get to do that is if she is in a nesting box at night instead of a roost. I preen her head until she gets sick of me (about 15 seconds) and leaves to get on a perch.

I found a video of people preening their birds like I want to. They aren't chickens unfortunately. But the birds look like they are really enjoying it. ❤️ I thought my chicken friends might enjoy it too.

A few of my chickens let me do light preening of pin feathers on their heads. I love it!

Hi, Everyone.

View attachment 2673255
They do believe that they tell you when it's time. I may have told you that. Shad may have as well. I'm so sorry that it looks like the time has come. It's so hard. :hugs:hugs:hugs

Back
Top Bottom