Tribe 1 round for supper. Cillin and the others have been in and eaten. Tackle is almost done but Fat Bird still wants to eat. Tap and Moon are hovering around the edges picking up the spillage. They won't go for the tray while two seniors are eating, especially not with Fat Bird there.

View attachment 2125995
Tap takes a grab and got told off by Fat bird. Moon isn't so brave and heads out to wait.
View attachment 2125997

Moon went and got Treacle and Treacle come in and hustled Fat Bird away from the food.
Moon and Tap are pretty much his hens now and he is making sure they get to eat.
View attachment 2125999

Cillin is just outside with the others.
View attachment 2126000

Fat Bird is hovering by the door. She won't come in until Treacle leaves. Bossing the hens about is one thing; bossing Treacle about is no longer possible now he has his own hens.
He will tell Fat Bird off if she tries to drive Moon and Tap away from the food.
Treacle has finally got status. Cillin will still chase Treacle away when everyone is feeding but once he has fed and his hens have fed (Fat Bird is an exception) he will let Treacle dictate who feeds next; very roughly.
View attachment 2126001
Time for a coop of his own?

I'm bummed about the fox too. Had a hen on eggs, but by the time we figured out what had happened (next day in daylight), too late. Also bummed because Buster was gorgeous. Silver laced wyandotte, had the color for showing (weren't planning on it, but watching him 😍). He had spurs almost 2 inches long and we found his feathers scattered in a 6-8 foot circle. I'm hoping he put those spurs to good use in that fight. The foxes took half a dozen hens at the same time, and went over the neighbor's 6-7 foot fence to go into their coop the week before.
Foxes are so good at what they do. I'm very sorry for your loss. :hugs:hugs

Danger Will Robinson, Danger!

Something tried to chew its way into the run on Sunday night. I set up a camera last night but I did not catch anything on it.
View attachment 2123487

I suppose it could be the rabbit's trying to get back in but I need to know. We are headed towards hypervigilance until I find out.

I am very concerned. :oops:
Yes, could be rabbits. Rats do that, too.

Back
Top Bottom