I have heard some people hang a bit of meat from the roof of the coop or run (out of reach of chickens) and let the flies get to it and the maggots just drop off into the run and the ladies gobble them up.
A bit too icky for me but in principle it is a clever idea!
Can't smell any worse than that fermented layers I had in my kitchen last week

Yes, I’ve heard of this in some sort of this with some sort of bucket with holes method. On that note, my fly traps are stinking something fierce. Not sure I can take it. And they sort of surround the chicken yard. Do you think that attracts predators? Wondering if I should swap them out with fresh ones, but it’s only been three weeks. They say to discard after they are full, dry up, or after 30 days, whichever is first. I may toss early.
I don't know about drawing predators in, but we replace ours every 2 weeks.

I Just Tried Calling the Post Office

No one answered. :he

one more day Phyllis, one more day.

Big Coop Cam_20210803_92513.jpg

Yes, I’ve heard of this in some sort of this with some sort of bucket with holes method. On that note, my fly traps are stinking something fierce. Not sure I can take it. And they sort of surround the chicken yard. Do you think that attracts predators? Wondering if I should swap them out with fresh ones, but it’s only been three weeks. They say to discard after they are full, dry up, or after 30 days, whichever is first. I may toss early.
Reading that, I just might “toss” now!🤮

Back
Top Bottom