Maybe this will be a distraction for you and us, Bob! I've been holding off on looking at pictures and video with Queenie because it's been too painful. This one was taken the day before she died, on May 13. I've also wanted to offload stuff from my phone (new phone coming!) so I braved it, and uploaded this video of most of the flock at the base of their apple tree. The Buckeyes had started dustbathing, and she tried to join in on the outside, but stepped away when somebody pecked at her. So she hung around. When they finished and started foraging she got into the little bowl and started her own dustbath. They saw that and they came back, but Queenie determinedly held her ground in the prime middle spot, weathering a few pecks, until everyone settled into bathing. Soon they were all just having a great time doing their thing. What a great chicken she was! RIP Queenie.

Queenie gets there first
There it is, using my laptop not my iphone :D

@BY Bob was right, I had it marked "private". I don't recall seeing "Unlisted" on the choices before, there was private and public and one more, no doubt it was that third one I should have chosen.
Now you must pay Bob his .5 cents for the advice. (That's what they charge on Charlie Brown, and the Peanuts gang) :lau

Maybe this will be a distraction for you and us, Bob! I've been holding off on looking at pictures and video with Queenie because it's been too painful. This one was taken the day before she died, on May 13. I've also wanted to offload stuff from my phone (new phone coming!) so I braved it, and uploaded this video of most of the flock at the base of their apple tree. The Buckeyes had started dustbathing, and she tried to join in on the outside, but stepped away when somebody pecked at her. So she hung around. When they finished and started foraging she got into the little bowl and started her own dustbath. They saw that and they came back, but Queenie determinedly held her ground in the prime middle spot, weathering a few pecks, until everyone settled into bathing. Soon they were all just having a great time doing their thing. What a great chicken she was! RIP Queenie.

Queenie gets there first
So much happiness. Just listen to them.

Queenie, on the morning of her last day.

IMG_20210514_095259251_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom