Musings

When you are in an emotional state such as Mrs BY Bob and I find ourselves, the decisions you make are not rational. I know that.

We just had a conversation where Mrs BY Bob indicated that if these chicks do not arrive alive and well the expansion is off. I am to break Phyllis of her broodiness and we are going to leave the flock as is. She seems quite adamant.

Will she relent or did I just build a coop for no reason?

For additional thought.......I never went out to finish the coop last night. Do I agree with her subconsciously? Frankly I seem to be rapidly moving to prepare for the worst case scenario. Am I just starting to protect myself from the anticipated disappointment?

I know all to well how hard it can be to look at photos like this. Thank you so much for sharing. :hugs :hugs :hugs
Thanks for the hugs! It is one of my favorite photos of her. And a nice memory in that she had just a back-end bath and blow-dry in the kitchen sink. A nice special time with her, she was pretty calm and settled into it quickly, and I enjoyed bathing her. She's looking back at me there, a little askance, because I was stalking her to get a picture of her beautiful clean fluffy butt! ❤️

Musings

When you are in an emotional state such as Mrs BY Bob and I find ourselves, the decisions you make are not rational. I know that.

We just had a conversation where Mrs BY Bob indicated that if these chicks do not arrive alive and well the expansion is off. I am to break Phyllis of her broodiness and we are going to leave the flock as is. She seems quite adamant.

For additional thought.......I never went out to finish the coop last night. Do I agree with her subconsciously? Frankly I seem to be rapidly moving to prepare for the worst case scenario. Am I just starting to protect myself from the anticipated disappointment?
I truly think that you just want to get off of this emotional roller coaster ride my friend. Take your time, think things through, (Like you normally do) :hugs

Musings

I truly think that you just want to get off of this emotional roller coaster ride my friend. Take your time, think things through, (Like you normally do) :hugs
Agree with Alex, and you too, what you are feeling is the rollercoaster and the knowledge of the pain that being attached to animals (and people) can bring. On your "normal" feeling days it seems you both love having chickens and all it entails, doesn't it?

Whether it might be better for Phyllis to not be broody after this amount of time though, that is a good question. But it is not critical to decide that today.

Everyone is safe. My friend who is a vet described him as ‘a large bear in good flesh’ (based on the video) which I think means well fed!
He left after I stood nearby making a lot of noise with my saucepan lids. He studied me like I was a curiosity in the zoo and then wandered off doing a perimeter tour of the Chicken Palace before heading towards the woods.
Of course I was focused on getting him to move on because of the chickens, but it was an amazing experience. Such thick glossy fur and a real sense of ‘lazy power’ if you know what I mean.
They do have that lazy power going. Grizzly magnify it even more, and mountain lions get the oversized kitty ont their dignity thing too. beautiful bear, and I hadn't realized there still were some in jersey. Keep an eye out on the trees. The curious nature and smaller size (compared to griz) allows them to climb quite handily and they've been know to perch and watch.

Back
Top Bottom