Thosevare probavly the onky clean ones! 🤣

Actually, Buttercup’s butt is clean, but she’s molting, so there are bare patches, too.

Speaking of molting, for everyone on this side of the world, are your birds molting right now? I have a lot of molters going on… Seems a bit early. Bridge, Lucky, Ester, Buttercup, Little Mill, and Cashew are all molting!
Not so far

Automatic coop doors?

Anyone have one they love?
My area is humid and we get cold winters (almost as much snow as RC 😉). I'd like a manual override and most definitely want one that doesn't crush a bird if she's being a brat and blocking the door.

I'm leaning to the ADOR1 model because it looks like it fits the needs and isn't scary to look at. The JVC one looks overly complicated.

We have power to the coop, so wired or battery operated is fine.

Would love your inputs!
The one I have always wanted:
https://www.ladiesfirstchickendoor.com/
But I don't have personal experience with it yet.

Last edited:
Pity me.. this is the first night that all, yes ALL, the chooks are in the barn/coop, and went inside willingly! My babies are growing up. But now I feel horrible separation anxiety (empty nest syndrome for you slower peeps) now it’s just me, and my books, or YouTube. Early flight tomorrow morning anyways. So I guess that “things just work out for the best “😁
You could put up a hammock for yourself in the barn.

And a windy side of same RustyView attachment 2797043

View attachment 2797044
Poor Rusty. Tidbitting Mama over a blueberry....Mama calling Storm over, "Eat! Eat! It's good! You must eat much to grow big strong feathers!"
View attachment 2797045
View attachment 2797045Dora, my Dorking

View attachment 2797046One of the mini-Sansas

View attachment 2797048
Twirp, of the rose comb(?), green legs, no crest, all attitude maybe legbar persuasion?

View attachment 2797049
See? All attitude!

View attachment 2797050
Thing 2, aka the Feather-headed Dingbat. Coloring up beautifully!
View attachment 2797051
One of the white sapphires (hybrid: CCL roo x white leghorn, supposed to lay blue eggs, no POL age listed, so 9-12 more weeks?) And Cuckoo, the barred rock with pencilled breast markings...

View attachment 2797055
Cheetah, gold pencilled Hamburg, and full of attitude too. (Not heard him trying to crow...yet)
What a beautiful flock you have!

Back
Top Bottom