Hi folks. Why do we have to have drama and illness in our flocks of lovelies? Ruby is as good as can be expected. Still eating, drinking and pooping, but is VERY bloated. She keeps jumping out the coop door off an upper roost, which is chest height on me. I might have to take those down, as I fear she’s going to hurt herself.

Minnie’s clogged crop has cleared, but she’s starving herself. I’m helping along with tubing.

Sunshine is not laying properly. I suspect she has an issue like Dorothy, so I’m giving calcium periodically and started her on doxycycline yesterday. She has very few shelled eggs. I found a weird, wrinkly egg only to discover the egg was fine and had a smooth, firm shell, but was encased in some sort of membrane. Something is seriously wrong with her reproductive system and I might put her on hormones, which reminds me, how is Naenae? (I tried to tag Lady Red, but it tagged someone else).

Roxy was moving very slowly last night. I am strongly hoping it’s just that her molt is about to start, but if course fear something else.

I had hoped since we seem to be past the peak of summer heat, I wouldn’t have to worry about more losses right now, but these girls are giving keeping me busy!
Oh so stressful... :hugs

Diana has emerged from mourning sufficiently to assert herself as the new boss.
Nothing too violent but a few gratuitous pecks all around.
Personally I think she has too much of a skinny butt to be top chicken, but I was not consulted. So here she is, skinny butt and all for Friday.

EF2260C5-CD9C-46B0-8445-1A63A4AECB5C.jpeg
CFA2C7FB-89AA-43C9-A834-507970F632D2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom