I forgot it is Monday how about this from 18 months ago. Diana helping me deal with the rodent issue. Not really a full on mug shot!

View attachment 2840753
This may be the best mug shot ever!
If only my girls would do this to the destructive chipmunks. Instead they just watch them steal food from the chicken feeder.

(The bucket half full of water with a sunflower seed float has been an effective solution to reducing that problem)

Just busy. Nothing exciting, unless you count a new washer/dryer set, a disappointing viewing of a house for sale, hubby getting promoted, prepping to begin college apps with youngest, agreeing to help a friend build his brand, on top of working full time while tracking to surpass quotas/goals by 50%
I guess the other news is I had hurt my back with a little muscle pull and was nursing it to recovery for a couple of weeks. Now I have to return to my exercise routines bc I feel so weak!!

So yeah...the short answer to "how are you?" is busy 😊

Looks like you are too with those new feathery friends. I think the fact you've seen progress with them already in their comfort levels with you is a good sign. It will take time, but I'm confident they will fully integrate (with a little feather shuffle)
Omg. Busy and extremely tired with a lot of pain.

We have new bin collector's, they have left my home out for months, so I had to get to them too direct them before being properly dressed, just too show them where to pick up :confused:. Then get too the girls at the same time with 2 coops of impatient girls bok bok, boking.

Also worker's turn up wanting too get inside my home, they don'tcare aboutvmy bin and chicken problems. I'm still not dressed need the loo, I'm hungry and exhausted.

Tina gave me a bruised lip and arm then while out with my dog with his mates 20 minutes later they managed too trip up my friend leaving her with a black eye.
We looked at each other and just fell over laughing because we both looked so ridiculous, she saw my swollen lip and I couldn't believe how her eye had swollen up

The disapointment was that we didn't see the local gossip as we were coming home from the park, because we both looked like we had been fighting but no, we are just victims of our animal's but who on earth would ever believe us.

Last edited:
This may be the best mug shot ever!
If only my girls would do this to the destructive chipmunks. Instead they just watch them steal food from the chicken feeder.

(The bucket half full of water with a sunflower seed float has been an effective solution to reducing that problem)
Mine are definitely good mousers but the mice are mainly out at night and my ladies won't interrupt their beauty sleep. So I have gone with a massive program of exclusion around the foundations. That reminds me, I still have about 5' of rodent-proofing to do before it starts getting cold and they all line up to come inside the Chicken Palace!

Truly amazing to me how you manage that and she is looking great!
How are you sure you are in the esophagus and not squirting food into her lungs? I think that is what terrifies me about the whole thing.
I go down the SIDE of her throat and can feel the tube poke my leg through her crop. LOL. I don’t think the tube could go in so far if I were in her airway. I also wait a moment before plunging. I think if I were in the wrong hole, she’d be gasping and throwing a fit. To be really sure, I could always feel for the tube in the crop with my hand, but don’t usually do that, since both hands are already occupied.

Last edited:
Just busy. Nothing exciting, unless you count a new washer/dryer set, a disappointing viewing of a house for sale, hubby getting promoted, prepping to begin college apps with youngest, agreeing to help a friend build his brand, on top of working full time while tracking to surpass quotas/goals by 50%
I guess the other news is I had hurt my back with a little muscle pull and was nursing it to recovery for a couple of weeks. Now I have to return to my exercise routines bc I feel so weak!!

So yeah...the short answer to "how are you?" is busy 😊

Looks like you are too with those new feathery friends. I think the fact you've seen progress with them already in their comfort levels with you is a good sign. It will take time, but I'm confident they will fully integrate (with a little feather shuffle)
Wow you do have a lot going on. Well thanks for all dropping in on us.

These new babies are going very well. I'm thoroughly enjoying them. Integration will be a challenge as usual but rewarding none the less.

Wow! I finally managed to watch that. Amazing. Thank you for sharing.
Watching the hawk's method of attack was also instructive on how to help our little friends. Lots of obstacles and places to run into would definitely help against the hawk.
But mainly, I am left feeling if I can't have roosters I need goats!
Mrs BY Bob also thinks that is the true message of that video! 😆

Back
Top Bottom