A5118F14-10D8-4E4E-A111-CD60809E3DAA.jpeg

Hello. Quick update on my flock/tribe health drama.

• Sunshine is doing great, but HATES being medicated. I’m using little bread balls now since aspirating her. She is still not laying and Flash stopped, too. I think only Flo is laying at the moment, as we’re only getting an egg a day.

• Roxy seems fine, but has yellow urates. She’s had them in the past, too.

• Ruby is HUGELY bloated and breathing hard. I invited her in for a baby bird formula treat spiked with aloe detox and aspirin. She ate a good amount and got some sunflower seeds (my birds like them without the shell) for a treat. She foraged a bit afterward. ❤️

• Minnie is still ataxic, but seems to have good energy and a great mood. She’s become a great little tubing patient. Here she is after work tonight!

Truly amazing to me how you manage that and she is looking great!
How are you sure you are in the esophagus and not squirting food into her lungs? I think that is what terrifies me about the whole thing.

Hello. I haven't seen you in a while. How are you :)
Just busy. Nothing exciting, unless you count a new washer/dryer set, a disappointing viewing of a house for sale, hubby getting promoted, prepping to begin college apps with youngest, agreeing to help a friend build his brand, on top of working full time while tracking to surpass quotas/goals by 50%
I guess the other news is I had hurt my back with a little muscle pull and was nursing it to recovery for a couple of weeks. Now I have to return to my exercise routines bc I feel so weak!!

So yeah...the short answer to "how are you?" is busy 😊

Looks like you are too with those new feathery friends. I think the fact you've seen progress with them already in their comfort levels with you is a good sign. It will take time, but I'm confident they will fully integrate (with a little feather shuffle)

Hello. Quick update on my flock/tribe health drama.

• Sunshine is doing great, but HATES being medicated. I’m using little bread balls now since aspirating her. She is still not laying and Flash stopped, too. I think only Flo is laying at the moment, as we’re only getting an egg a day.

• Roxy seems fine, but has yellow urates. She’s had them in the past, too.

• Ruby is HUGELY bloated and breathing hard. I invited her in for a baby bird formula treat spiked with aloe detox and aspirin. She ate a good amount and got some sunflower seeds (my birds like them without the shell) for a treat. She foraged a bit afterward. ❤️

• Minnie is still ataxic, but seems to have good energy and a great mood. She’s become a great little tubing patient. Here she is after work tonight!

You exude such calm! I will have to video call you if ever needing to tube feed. Amazing!

Back
Top Bottom