She looks cross!
My cats are excellent fly eaters too - even my pint-sized runt of a cat is excellent at leaping up the window to trap them in her paws. They don't stand a chance!
She was cross. Davis would not play with her and left the room. That left me for the stare.

🤔Well, then...you should get a couple of Polish :jumpy and set up a second coop. :wee
After all, you don't want the one Polish to get beaten up and persecuted 😧, now, do you? That would make wifey upset, too.🥺
I am not certain how to react to this............I am guessing this is sarcasm, sort of...........

Ha?

Ha?

Sylvia & Legertha? I wasn't sure what those babies were...they were just awesome cute! (I thought Polish had a large bump on their head...plus the feathers...they seem to only have a small top-knot) I seem to have hopped onto BYC/this thread after he already had them & was posting pics.

So...ooops, my bad.:oops::duc

I'm only up to the early 600ish page wise..then read the recent posts....It can be quite confusing, actually...it's like I'm in a time warp sometimes -trying to plow through old & still read new...with roughly 5500 pages and LOTS of changes in between, lol.

I need to read the old stuff faster so I'm up to speed. It is soooo daunting, though, the # of pages!
You're amazing. I couldn't wait to jump in after like 20 pages 😂

In more pertinent chicken news, crumbled cornbread tastes better dirty and scattered all over the ground so no one has to "share". Glass baking dishes are scary. Not even Thing could be coaxed out. Silver, Pear, and Cheetah each tested it, but decided it wasn't worth it, but the greedy cusses got territorial over the dirty crumbs.
20210924_172957.jpg

20210924_172612.jpg
20210924_173340.jpg

The sample attempts
20210924_173234.jpg
Heaven help her if she gets too close!
20210924_173157.jpg

He's more willing to get inside, but it still tastes better dirty.
20210924_173215.jpg

Happy Friday everyone. I know one thing, if you want fluffy butts, get a large fowl Cochin. These girls are very well endowed in the back end. And they are molting, every morning it looks like a chicken exploded in their coop when I let them out for the day, but looking at them you would not know it.
View attachment 2845315View attachment 2845316View attachment 2845317View attachment 2845319
Wow these chickens are round balls with a head on one end and a feathery triangle on the other, and a smaller ball for their legs, you hardly even have to draw feet! 😍 True Fluff-Balls!

Couldn't there be roosts above a nest box on the ground, if there was a barrier for poop protection like a poop board above it?
We are still in the process of finishing the big coop, but I've placed 2 of the 4 boxes near the ground and the girls use them already!

These seem to give privacy (although mean girl Allele pushes her way into the favorite one even if occupied), and I like that I can pull them off the wall to thoroughly clean.
Screenshot_20210924-212237_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom