Shad, I can’t wait to watch their progress. This reminds me of an old thread I go back to from time to time when I need a refresher on focusing on flock wellness instead of illness (now would be a good time, actually, since there has been a lot of illness lately.)

I am not in the cull-all-sick-birds camp, but other than that, I find her husbandry fantastic to learn from… so wise and effective!

Oh, and I’d say photo #5 is definitely a Cream Legbar!
I just managed to connect to that old thread you linked to. I am interested in reading it. The thread was started by Bekissed - I believe she is no longer on BYC but was a bit of a legend (I have seen several references to her in other threads from folk who seem like the really experienced ‘chickeneers’).
I already got some wood ash to mix into the Princesses favorite bathing spot but wasn’t sure if it was really a good idea. Watching her bathe the chickens in ash gives me more confidence that adding some will be fine.

Last edited:
Does anyone need eggs? My pets won’t stop laying. I wanted soft feathered pets not vending machines!:th My dining room and refrigerator is full again. I only wanted pets, who show the same love that I give them, surprisingly they do twice as much (should I stop feeding them steak ?) crazy velociraptors!

My generosity is being tested today.
I have had to chop down a lot of the fig tree so that the house can be painted. It needs painting badly so no choice.
This means sacrificing a lot of figs. I love figs. I could eat while meals of nothing but figs and maybe a bit of cheese. So naturally I figure I will gorge on figs.
Turns out the Princesses love figs too.
No problem I say! I will eat these lovely juicy purple ones and you can sink your beaks into these little hard green ones.
That is not what they have in mind. They love the ripe figs too.
Are there really enough to share?
🤔
Update on the fig sharing situation The ever wonderful Maggie has shown us a way forward. With her big strong beak she jackhammered her way into an unripe fig and it turns out they all love the unripe figs - it is just hard to get in to them.
So From now on I will split them open before sharing.
Everyone is happy. Clever Maggie!

I’m not kidding! A849BA51-96DB-476E-907E-63BCF4212FC1.jpeg

I just managed to connect to that old thread you linked to. I am interested in reading it. The thread was started by Bekissed - I believe she is no longer on BYC but was a bit of a legend (I have seen several references to her in other threads from folk who seem like the really experienced ‘chickeneers’.
I already got some wood ash to mix into the Princesses favorite bathing spot but wasn’t sure if it was really a good idea. Watching her bathe the chickens in ash gives me more confidence that adding some will be fine.
I would like to find a way too burn pine wood and give it a bash myself.

I know how good activated charcoal is and that's from using it at desperate times. Purifying it is my problem.. maybe using what have here o the chickens more often would be a good plan 🤔

The bought charcoal has saved my life twice and countless times for my dog, it's even helped my cat

Does anyone need eggs? My pets won’t stop laying. I wanted soft feathered pets not vending machines!:th My dining room and refrigerator is full again. I only wanted pets, who show the same love that I give them, surprisingly they do twice as much (should I stop feeding them steak ?) crazy velociraptors!
Mine are on strike I didn't get one egg today, the girls ste flexi's and Agatha"s egg broke in my pocket. So I bought duck eggs. :caf
We will all share tomorrow. Did you hear that @ RC SHARE! ;)

I find it easier for my chooks, when I play my guitar to them. They lay like crazy (maybe it’s because they want to get away as fast as possible?) :lau:gig
That's my friend ;)

You'll be ok.

I saw a girl that had nowhere to go today, with a sign reading "I'm hungry " . The friends we have lost havent been there, we have this too be grateful for

Back
Top Bottom