My generosity is being tested today.
I have had to chop down a lot of the fig tree so that the house can be painted. It needs painting badly so no choice.
This means sacrificing a lot of figs. I love figs. I could eat while meals of nothing but figs and maybe a bit of cheese. So naturally I figure I will gorge on figs.
Turns out the Princesses love figs too.
No problem I say! I will eat these lovely juicy purple ones and you can sink your beaks into these little hard green ones.
That is not what they have in mind. They love the ripe figs too.
Are there really enough to share?
🤔

My thoughs are you are doing all you can. With the tribes, the heavy first moulters did most of what you describe and survived. It seemed to me that the heavy moulting hens felt they needed nutrition from things they wouldn't have chosen prior to their moult. Fudge for example took it all very badly and I was worried about her. But, when I flet her crop at roost time somehow she had managed to fill it.
That's the first thing I would suggest; check her crop at roost time. If it's reasonably full she's probably going to be fine.

The next thing is when possible give her access to as much natural ground area as you can. Fudge used to wander over one hundred meters from her tribe looking for what she felt she needed. My lot ate some very strange stuff, bits of root they had shown no interest in before, weeds i hadn't seen them eat in the past, a very small bug that lived around the roots of the cherry trees, lots of grasses.....
I am observing this with Maggie now. She has completely switched what she forages does I can tell because there are patches of plants that have gone untouched all summer and now she is systematically destroying them.
She is also targeting roots which wasn’t the case before.
She looks skinny to me but that may be because she has lost a lot of feathers.
For now I am going to just observe and not interfere.

My generosity is being tested today.
I have had to chop down a lot of the fig tree so that the house can be painted. It needs painting badly so no choice.
This means sacrificing a lot of figs. I love figs. I could eat while meals of nothing but figs and maybe a bit of cheese. So naturally I figure I will gorge on figs.
Turns out the Princesses love figs too.
No problem I say! I will eat these lovely juicy purple ones and you can sink your beaks into these little hard green ones.
That is not what they have in mind. They love the ripe figs too.
Are there really enough to share?
🤔
Yes share :)

I've been Keeping Something from You All

Please forgive us but @RoyalChick and I have plotting behind everyone's back. The breeder where she got the roadrunners has Polish as well. She has obtained 2 Candy Corn Polish for me. Here is what they look like fully grown.

View attachment 2820360

@RoyalChick has picked them up and she is driving to meet me half way so we can exchange these little darlings.

View attachment 2820361View attachment 2820362

I will explain more and update everyone on our adventure once I get them home.
I'm so excited. :wee :wee
OH MY! Clearly, I am VERY behind on this thread... but how exciting!!!! :ya

Back
Top Bottom