:)
Tonight's Roosting

It went much better. Sansa and Sydney found the roost on their own. In doing so they took the easy spots by the ramp. This blocked poor Phyllis from getting up easily. She wound up roosting in the coop door.

So I got her to step on my hand and used the @Shadrach "back them off the tree limb" technique to back her onto the roost. Very handy!

Maybe tomorrow night we can get to 100%.

It's quite early days yet, their awareness of life at fluffy butt acres is only just beginning.

Back to Farming

With apologies to @Kris5902 who really is farming, I feel like I am back on the family farm. The big coop and the whole system around Fluffy Butt Acres is designed so that the chickens have the freedom, food and safety which they need with less inconvenience for us.

I am not a morning person. It takes me an hour most days to just get out of bed. I am a night owl. Always up until midnight sometimes later. Well, all week I have been up with the sun. Why? Nothing is automated with the old prefab coop. I need to take out food and water and release them from their confines.

I went to college to get away from this life. I will always remember my Dad asking why I wanted to go to college and my response “because I want to work in air conditioning”. Now three little pullets are dictating my life and getting me up on their timeline.

Integration cannot come soon enough for my sleep.

Last edited:
Caught and Trapped

One Wednesday afternoon at Fluffy Butt Acres

Sansa: Here come the big one again. Watch out it doesn’t step on you!

Sydney: It’s not going to step on us. You are so dramatic.

Phyllis: I’m going to sneak out that door this time. You just watch. I’m lightening fast!

Sansa: RUN! It’s opening the door!

Phyllis: See you 2 later, I’m going out! Whoa! Is that a hand! It’s coming at me! Look out girls I’m coming through. That hand is not getting me.

Sydney: OK, everyone just calm down. It’s sitting in it’s chair. No worries about anyone getting stepped on now. And LOOK! It brought that coffee cup with the fish on it. That means blueberries.

Sansa: Blueberries! Get out of my way! I’m number 1 around here.

Sydney: to herself She is so rude, UGH!

Phyllis: Blueberries where? I can’t see! Someone tell me where they are!

Sydney: Phyllis they are that big hand that just scared you so bad.

Phyllis: What big hand? Where?

Sansa: These are so good. Too bad you two can’t get any of them. It is great to be the Queen.

Sydney: You’re a pig. Why won’t you share? Give me that!

Sansa: You are just too slow. Muhahaha! They are all mine.

Phyllis: Where are the blueberries?

Sydney: That’s funny there is no blueberry in the hand this time.

Sansa: Get back they are all mine. ACK! It’s grabbed me! Help! Help! Help!

Phyllis: What is she yelling about?

Sydney: That big hand has her. Stand back it might come for us too.

Sansa: Help! It’s killing me! FLAP FLAP I can’t get loose. Help!

Sydney: Check it out Phyllis, that’s a blueberry in the other hand. Should I take it?

Phyllis: Where? If you don’t I will. Where is it?

Sydney: Got it! Delicious.

Phyllis: Oooo! There’s one on the ground. Yummy.

Sydney: Another in the hand. I got it. You take the ones on the ground Phyllis. I’ll eat the ones I the hand.

Phyllis: Nom Nom Nom, Deal!

Sansa: I am your Queen! Save me! Ack! I………can’t………wiggle……..loose. I’m Dying! Help me!

Sydney: to Phyllis Don’t help her. We are finally getting some of these blueberries.

Phyllis: to Sydney Help who? Is someone in trouble? These blueberries are delicious.

A few minutes pass.......

Sansa: I’m loose, I’m loose. Your Queen defeated the big hand! All without your help. I will remember that.

Sydney: You defeated nothing, it put you down once the blueberries were gone.

Phyllis: You were caught? How did I miss that?

Sansa: to Phyllis You are impossible. How can you be so unaware? UGH! [PECK]

Phyllis: Ouch! What did I do?

Sydney: Don’t worry Phyllis, she is just mad we finally got some of the blueberries

Phyllis: They are delicious. I hope it comes back again tomorrow with more.

The Original Ladies Enjoying the Snow

Many of you may be wondering how bad winter actually is here as I have not been posting many pictures of snow etc. While the flock is certainly enjoying this year's warmth. I found some photos of our original 2 hens, Dolly and Trisha enjoying some free range on a typical February 13th. All of my leghorns loved walking around on the snow. I think it is the camouflage. ;)

20200213_113044.jpg

20200213_113124.jpg

20200213_113201.jpg

I've told the stories but for those that did not go back to the beginning, We lost Dolly to a hawk. I actually caught the hawk eating her. Trisha would pass due to complications from a cloacal prolapse.

Many of you may be wondering how bad winter actually is here as I have not been posting many pictures of snow etc. While the flock is certainly enjoying this year's warmth. I found some photos of our original 2 hens, Dolly and Trisha enjoying some free range on a typical February 13th. All of my leghorns loved walking around on the snow. I think it is the camouflage. ;)

View attachment 2025384
View attachment 2025385
View attachment 2025386

I've told the stories but for those that did not go back to the beginning, We lost Dolly to a hawk. I actually caught the hawk eating her. Trisha would pass due to complications from a cloacal prolapse.
Aw, cute girls. Thank you for resharing!!

View attachment 2025384
View attachment 2025385
View attachment 2025386

Here are the emojis I wanted to put on the post but as only one emoji is allowed, I went with an acknowledge-like

:love😢

😢:love

Back
Top Bottom