Tonight's Roosting

It went much better. Sansa and Sydney found the roost on their own. In doing so they took the easy spots by the ramp. This blocked poor Phyllis from getting up easily. She wound up roosting in the coop door.

So I got her to step on my hand and used the @Shadrach "back them off the tree limb" technique to back her onto the roost. Very handy!

Maybe tomorrow night we can get to 100%.
That is so cute!!! Well, Phyllis is going to have to learn to get up there first. :D

Tonight's Roosting

It went much better. Sansa and Sydney found the roost on their own. In doing so they took the easy spots by the ramp. This blocked poor Phyllis from getting up easily. She wound up roosting in the coop door.

So I got her to step on my hand and used the @Shadrach "back them off the tree limb" technique to back her onto the roost. Very handy!

Maybe tomorrow night we can get to 100%.
And all to do again when they move in with the big girls. :lau

And these guys are terrifying, beautiful but terrifying.

I’m quite fond of them, they are seasonal here arriving around the spring equinox and leaving about the fall equinox, and they co-exist with the eagles and Ravens without fuss.
Absolutely amazing. I’ve gained a lot of respect for birds in general as I’ve come to know more about chickens. The raptors in particular seem to be so adaptive and able to improvise as conditions dictate. Great video.

If this is really what happened, it doesn't make me feel any better. I mean it's just so tragic that is how my bestie is gone.

It's good news for everyone else but just so wasteful, so wasteful.
:(
It always seems to be our favorite. I don't understand that. 😢 :hugs

But, we don't know what happened for sure. And actually, that's the hardest part.

I say this as a lifetime cat lover. I can not be certain a cat would not go after a chicken. I wont allow mine near them. I love Hviti to bits, but I wouldn't trust him around my chickens for a minute.

My cats aren’t fans of my chickens... probably because I keep letting them in their “house”. Bullet seemed ok with Mr Eyebrows for the first couple days, but once he started crowing again that was that... now she gets this look of utter disgust every time I bring anyone in. Charlie is also not thrilled with them. He was interested at first, but a few good pecks from Hoppy taught him who was the “alpha” animal pretty quickly. Now he subscribes to the ignorance is bliss method of dealing with feathered incursions. As in “if I ignore them, I can happy”. I just can’t see either of my cats being a threat, but that’s probably just mine...

My cats aren’t fans of my chickens... probably because I keep letting them in their “house”. Bullet seemed ok with Mr Eyebrows for the first couple days, but once he started crowing again that was that... now she gets this look of utter disgust every time I bring anyone in. Charlie is also not thrilled with them. He was interested at first, but a few good pecks from Hoppy taught him who was the “alpha” animal pretty quickly. Now he subscribes to the ignorance is bliss method of dealing with feathered incursions. As in “if I ignore them, I can happy”. I just can’t see either of my cats being a threat, but that’s probably just mine...
My birds seem to know where the threat lies. Kirby got schooled early by the BRs but I wouldn't trust him around Lottie. Marlow just doesn't care ~ & the chickens don't alarm for him. They do for Kirby.

Back
Top Bottom