Welcome back Bob :)

This is more than likely my problem when flexi goes to rip into one of the new girls wattles I want to scream. I really cannot bear it. They all peck at them.

It's so sad because they really want to be friends and fit in. I felt so unsafe and exhausted last night and had to put the littles back into the small coop. They looked pleased because they were warm dry and safe with plenty of food and water.
Then the ladder broke. So I found a strong little plank to serve as an entrance but it needs to be altered so the door will mainly close.

You asked, sorry to go on ;) :hugs

Shad has been my saviour, he knew of a well recommended vitamin tonic, that will be here in the morning.
I looked up the reviews it's sounds really good.
Has any blood been drawn?

Friendly people on phone sales is far less since lockdown.

I really enjoyed my work and I'm so sad too come across such cold and indifferent people that couldn't care less about the person they are speaking too.

One guy I spoke too several months ago actually said "I really don't care what you do" when I was trying to get details of a dysfunctional machine I had purchased that was still under guarantee, he couldn't be bothered to find my purchase details and put the phone down.
That's awful.

I’m so sad to say that Charlie is dead. :hit I came home this evening and hubby told me he found her dead on the ground. She would have been three in November. Her voice sounded a little different for a day or so and I noticed today I could hear her breathing (through her nostrils, she wasn’t panting). Otherwise she didn’t seem any different. She laid an egg today and squatted for me. We buried her with a sliver of cheese to pay the ferryman and a blueberry for her to snack on for the journey.

I honestly don’t know if I can do this anymore. It’s been nearly a year since we lost Lucy, which it the longest we’ve gone without a death. I’m struggling to do the maintenance required and the meds are making it difficult to care about stuff. I’ll see how I feel in a few days.

As it’s still Monday, I’d like to honour Charlie with Monday Mugshots. RIP my big beautiful bully. :hit

View attachment 2869772

View attachment 2869773

View attachment 2869774

View attachment 2869775
I’m so sad to say that Charlie is dead. :hit I came home this evening and hubby told me he found her dead on the ground. She would have been three in November. Her voice sounded a little different for a day or so and I noticed today I could hear her breathing (through her nostrils, she wasn’t panting). Otherwise she didn’t seem any different. She laid an egg today and squatted for me. We buried her with a sliver of cheese to pay the ferryman and a blueberry for her to snack on for the journey.

I honestly don’t know if I can do this anymore. It’s been nearly a year since we lost Lucy, which it the longest we’ve gone without a death. I’m struggling to do the maintenance required and the meds are making it difficult to care about stuff. I’ll see how I feel in a few days.

As it’s still Monday, I’d like to honour Charlie with Monday Mugshots. RIP my big beautiful bully. :hit

View attachment 2869772

View attachment 2869773

View attachment 2869774

View attachment 2869775
I am sorry to hear this news. ((((hugs))))

Roosting Changes

Something is up with the tribe. This may be molt related or possibly temperature related.

Here is the roosting in the big coop Sunday night.

Coop Cam_20211016_201232.jpg

This is the typical roosting arrangement aside from the use of the nesting boxes.

Here is Monday night's roosting arrangement.

Coop Cam_20211018_220635.jpg

Hattie is in a nest box. That is unusual but not unheard of. Phyllis is roosted out in the Big Run, also pretty frequent these days. Sansa, Sydney, and Lilly usually roost there. Look at where Aurora is! She never roosts there! It has never happened before.

Now it got chilly last night. Our first real chilly night. It went down to 45°F (7°C) I am guessing that two things drive this. First the windows was open and Hattie I usually roosts in front of the window as she did Sunday night. So as a molting hen perhaps the the straw and a place away from the window dice Hattie's decision. Aurora roosted as far from the door as is possible. Perhaps because there was a chilly breeze blowing in at roost time. Certainly Aurora taking Phyllis spot likely resulted in her roosting outside.

No matter what, this bears watching. I may watch roosting live tonight if I can free myself up.

Heck no. I'd be close to drawing blood myself.

I know I'm over protective.

I wish there was a way I could let my three know the coop and run is not solely theirs
I hate to say this but my advice is to let them work out out, no matter how mean anyone gets as long as no hen is cornered and no blood is drawn. They have to settle this themselves. It can break your heart but they need to set up their society. Eventually it will settle down.

I’m angry with Beethov-Hen! My church friend had gifted me with another bag of meally worms. So as I was out treating the chooks, she jumped up on me and spilled the whole bag onto the ground. I salvaged as many as I could, but I could only save 1/2 of the bag! The rest of the worms, were in the grass, in the dirt and all over me! :old:mad::idunno
naughty girl!
But honestly, I’m an angry person from the very start of my adult life. (So a chicken, can’t pizz me off anymore than a person can):mad:
Has any blood been drawn?
for me, yes! Sorry, but I had to interject. :sick

Attachments

• EACC55AC-C216-401F-820B-C5A422891EC8.jpeg
    EACC55AC-C216-401F-820B-C5A422891EC8.jpeg
    532.2 KB · Views: 2
Electrifying was what was on my mind at the time I admit.
Electrifying personalities is a description I would rather keep for chickens with a more pleasant disposition.
Shock was the word I think I had in mind that led to Volt and Amp.:D
I pay my lawyers, for their “Electrifying personality “ (just saying)

How long would live soldier worms survive and how many is good for a chicken?.

I'm trying to find a way of buying them

Apparently there's more nutrients in the live, but will buy the dried when I can get to town if they are some.

What's good enough for Alex's girls is good enough for mine ;)
Buy them from Bob. I’m quite sure that he still has five gallons full :confused:

Back
Top Bottom