Good morning ladies - come look at the view!

Things are definitely better this morning. Big East-facing windows meant they were up bright and early and seem happy in the Palace coop. I went and had my breakfast sitting in with them and Elizabeth even laid an egg in a nest box while I was there. Watching her made me realize I need to tweak the nest box set-up a bit but not a big deal. Hope tonight is a bit less stressful. I plan to sit in the coop and put them on the roost again if necessary.
0B3B2C38-C741-4316-8B14-62C69F2F40A1.jpeg

Those are button quail :love

Look how tiny
View attachment 2037406View attachment 2037407View attachment 2037408

Thank you!

:lau mine is Christmas day and i have 5 family members also in Dec :lau

Thank you! Jus my ole cell phone camera

:love :love :love

And the Big Coop couple is almost moved in ;) :lol:

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Yes ma'am or sir(?) I live just outside Baton Rouge and if i decide i am going to be able to throw money at it; i have a wide variety of places avalible But(big but) i have a large family and i cant even keep the birds if they dont pay for themselves. Cant really throw much money at this regularly which is part of the reason it has taken me 5 years to get to this point with this goal in mind all the while. Also when i say large family :lau i have twin 3 yr olds and a 2 yr old :lau plus a teen and the husband is the biggest baby of em all :p

I am a stay at home mom and an NPIP certified breeder with around a hundred twenty plus super quailty top of the line birds, right now, and 70ish eggs in the incubator :lol:
That baby... :thpassing out from cuteness!!! Can I have those as pets??

Guessing the top right two... maybe all three of the top yolks? I’ve never had the opportunity to feed crawfish so???
Yes.. top three.. they can actually be a lot darker than that.. and the pic of course doesn’t do justice... but it depends on how much they eat.. I’ll try and see next time and maybe give them more.. a friend of mine had almost red yolks...

Just had a very stressful evening because today was move-in day at the Chicken Palace. It is not yet finished but I really wanted to get the Princesses out of temporary accommodation as we have temperatures in the teens and 28 mph winds tonight.
Totally excited to get them moved in and they seemed equally enthusiastic even providing a fluffy butt trio portrait.

I sat with them until bed time but as it got dark they got distressed and wanted to go to their old house. Elizabeth set up to roost in a nest box so I had to haul her out. I kept putting them up on the roosts and they kept jumping down. And they were clearly not happy.

I hate when I can see an animal stressed, but it really had to be done and I held firm that they had to sleep in their new home. I must have put them on those roosts a dozen times.

Eventually Maggie took the lead and settled to sleep in the roost and the others stayed with her but seem awake and watchful.

I am exhausted. Can’t take too many nights like that.View attachment 2037420View attachment 2037421
That is a GREAT pic!!

Good morning ladies - come look at the view!

Things are definitely better this morning. Big East-facing windows meant they were up bright and early and seem happy in the Palace coop. I went and had my breakfast sitting in with them and Elizabeth even laid an egg in a nest box while I was there. Watching her made me realize I need to tweak the nest box set-up a bit but not a big deal. Hope tonight is a bit less stressful. I plan to sit in the coop and put them on the roost again if necessary. View attachment 2037620

All I can say is that "Palace" is the correct word. Wow!

We really need a video tour.

Back
Top Bottom