Tonight's Roosting

Was relatively uneventful. They roosted early, together. They did switch ends. I'm not certain what that means.........if anything.

The Cluckle Hut_20220128_165858.jpg

Friday fluff courtesy of Belle.
View attachment 2976015
I had to shelve her caging for broody, been so hot and humid (though she’s only in there at night) and we have had brutal rain and thunderstorms. It’s sheltered where it is but I worried it might flood so I was out there in the dark and pouring rain trying to usher her out and into the coop with Snow. I was drenched, she was trying to run out into the lawn. I had a torch in one hand and am pushing her towards the coop door; quite comical actually but I was glad to know she was safe, dry and with her sister 💜
That is one amazing Friday bum. 🥰

This gives me hope.
Maggie is roosted next to Diana on the big roost. I had opened up the nest boxes so this is her choice.
Also, the Roadrunners are together and nearer the servant’s quarters which has a flat floor and I could reasonably put a heater in.
If it is like this tomorrow when temperatures plummet again I may leave Dotty in there with Minnie and a little oil filled radiator to keep her warm.
:fl

View attachment 2976027
This really is wonderful progress. I hope this holds true moving forward.

Friday fluff courtesy of Belle.
View attachment 2976015
I had to shelve her caging for broody, been so hot and humid (though she’s only in there at night) and we have had brutal rain and thunderstorms. It’s sheltered where it is but I worried it might flood so I was out there in the dark and pouring rain trying to usher her out and into the coop with Snow. I was drenched, she was trying to run out into the lawn. I had a torch in one hand and am pushing her towards the coop door; quite comical actually but I was glad to know she was safe, dry and with her sister 💜
I am glad others stagger around d in the dark in the torrential rains chasing down their critters - I thought I was the only crazy person to do that! Last summer I ran out the paddocks to drag the horses in during a tornado warning 😲😲😁😁

The chickens were smart enough to get under cover!

By the way, a really good investment is a head-lamp. It means you never have the 'torch in one hand' problem. Try to get one with an option for red light which comes in really useful as it doesn't really disturb a sleeping chicken.
Yes I have one that is built into my toque (that is a winter çap for this of you in sunny warm climates that may not know), that I use to check the chickens at night so I don't have to turn on lights 🤗 leaves your hands free!

Back
Top Bottom