Be careful what you offer - I am seriously thinking about it.
I can run my brooder plate off the car battery with an inverter so no worries about the chick.
OK. I am nuts. Or am I?
You are not nuts at all. But then I've driven to NJ for chicks..........

I don't believe she was offering you chicks though. Weren't you offering pullets @RebeccaBoyd ?

I’m starting to feel guilty about my great weather we have had lately
:oops:
Don't ever feel guilty about having nice weather, enjoy it!

20160605_152913.jpg

You are not nuts at all. But then I've driven to NJ for chicks..........

I don't believe she was offering you chicks though. Weren't you offering pullets @RebeccaBoyd ?
If she wanted to take a chance on chicks I could do that as well. I would just need a heads up on a time line and I could set eggs in the incubator so they would hatch a few days before a planned pick-up so I could make sure they were eating and drinking well. And she could pick out whoever she wanted the momma's to be.

For the first time in what feels like forever it is 52 outside. It is supposed to hit almost 60, before it plummets again and we have the threat of more snow this weekend. My chickens are calling for me and I'm going out armed with treats and spending some time with them.
You need a sweatshirt like mine!:
9A9BAD68-7BB0-4187-97E6-21340F0AF4A3.jpeg

For the first time in what feels like forever it is 52 outside. It is supposed to hit almost 60, before it plummets again and we have the threat of more snow this weekend. My chickens are calling for me and I'm going out armed with treats and spending some time with them.
Enjoy the quality time together.

The girls abandoned me to go fight over nest boxes and the boys followed them. I took advantage though and am now sorting through over 100 pictures. I do want to go ahead and post this one though as a late mugshot Monday post. I had a problem, Squirrel spent most of the time trying to do this.
DSCN6310.JPG

I am not zoomed in at all, she wanted to peck the camera today.

Back
Top Bottom